Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

In The Beginning

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  HikerMike 
#1 ·
Well, here we go for the year 2020. With all the uncertainty in the world, there is one thing that is certain. Every year for centuries, Humankind has witnessed this annual spring awakening. I have always anticipated spring. It is a rebirth of our world once again and a time when I feel most alive. The smells, the sounds and of course, the sights, bring an underlying primordial sense to being human. My hope & prayer is that we all come though this current predicament all the wiser and understand that the world & the people that inhabit it, are very fragile and the all we really need is to be there for each other. I still won’t share my spots with other than my closest friends & family, but will gladly share the knowledge I have from being out in nature. Happy Hunting 2020!
Shroomani Tu Tanka

#5 ·
I have spots on both private and public land. I do think the majority are found on private land though. With the advent of social media, every newbie is out traipsing around on public land, stomping on morels that they don’t even know are there! I do follow the Nebraska Facebook page, and saw that someone posted some small grays on Sunday from Southwest Sarpy And Dodge counties. The posts had a dated receipt and a Google date stamp. I am going to get out in this wind this afternoon and check the creek bottoms. I may get lucky but I usually only find pheasant backs this time of year. If I find anything I will post it. Happy hunting!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.