Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how this virus and the 'fallout' from it might affect shroom hunting here in North Calif. , so I sent an email to the proper authority and I am attaching the reply. This is FYI for everyone so they know where the USFS stands at this point. It's kinda vague and ominous sounding but here it is.......

Untitled-1.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
I called him last week and he told me they are still working on a permit plan, but for now we are free to go collect as individuals as long as we keep it to 10lbs per person per day.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I called him last week and he told me they are still working on a permit plan, but for now we are free to go collect as individuals as long as we keep it to 10lbs per person per day.
I have a 2020 permit for personal collection of mushrooms on U.S Forest Service lands in CA. It allows collection of only 5 pounds of mushrooms per year. 10 lbs a day just sounds wrong

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2020 permit for personal collection of mushrooms on U.S Forest Service lands in CA. It allows collection of only 5 pounds of mushrooms per year. 10 lbs a day just sounds wrong
I think it depends on the particular forest... This was for Shasta/Trinity national forest.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts