Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 376 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The early birds get the worms. Were just months away from the 2019 season and the heat wave is making me think i should go check a few honey holes "just in case" ;-P. Merry Christmas to all the morel hunters who help contribute to this site each spring.
What area of the state are you from.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Well being how much this site is read, I am located below Minnesota, East of Nebraska. North of MO. West of Illinois ;-) Last year ( or earlier this year ) wasnt the best year, But i am thinking all this rain is going to make for a killer year this go around.
Not much longer now, about 120 days or so, perfect amount of time to get out scouting & finding new places. Good time to ask land owners for permission too, if you’re so inclined.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Not much longer now, about 120 days or so, perfect amount of time to get out scouting & finding new places. Good time to ask land owners for permission too, if you’re so inclined.
Agreed! 90-120 days and we will be in the woods! I always start walking when it warms up usually march, and that is when i scout, Too cold out now. Yes i need to find me some private land to hunt this year for a change. You hunt Public or Private land Old Elm?

·
Registered
13 Posts
The early birds get the worms. Were just months away from the 2019 season and the heat wave is making me think i should go check a few honey holes "just in case" ;-P. Merry Christmas to all the morel hunters who help contribute to this site each spring.
I was thinking that too back then and now on facebook i just saw a kid from. Ventin? Iowa. Near cedar rapids with morels already

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
How's the flooding going along the mighty Missouri river? If the river bottoms flood are they toast for the season?

Well we’re up on the,
” Mighter Mississippi,” and generally speaking it our low spots are flooded longer than 7-10 days it not gonna happen & it’s best to move on up.

1 - 20 of 376 Posts