Iowa 2020 Season

Discussion in 'Iowa' started by morchella ed, Mar 20, 2020.

1. morchella ed

morchella ed Morel Enthusiast

Folks....we are near to that time of year, where we slip into the woods and find those goods!!! Tell us all about your finds here!

2. morchella ed

morchella ed Morel Enthusiast

It's happening full tilt in GA, AL, TX, parts of TN and AR, and starting to pick up with lil' babies in KY, MO, southern IN and IL, so Iowa should be on the map in the next few weeks, esp. if these warmer temps and moisture keep up.

interbake15 and (deleted member) like this.

3. warchief

warchief Morel Enthusiast

Shroom season will be here before we know it!

Attached Files:

4. billian

billian Young Morel

I BET WITH THESE WARMER TEMPS I BET I AM EATING MUSHROOMS IN LESS THEN A WEEK. TIME TO HEAD TO THE WOODS AND DO A LITTLE SCOUTING

5. T man

T man Young Morel

Im in ottawa illinois..just soil temps today on 3/20/20..2 different thermometers..1 digital..1 spring style..both saying temp is 52/56..but I aint finding a damn thing yet

6. greys

greys Morel Enthusiast

We will be finding them before Friday I reckon. Time to get out of corona coma and walk for 5 hours to get a few morels. Good Luck to all out hunting this week. Get em before they are gone!!!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020 at 4:36 AM
    LindsMCalla likes this.
  7. mmh

mmh Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I have deleted spam that was on the Iowa board that was for covid19, please report any more posts like these. Alex (the real one} not the one from the spam.

8. warchief

warchief Morel Enthusiast

Any good news yet from anyone in Iowa?

9. greys

greys Morel Enthusiast

I think the ice storm set us back 7 days.
    Good luck this week.