Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
21 - 40 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm in Farmington so I'm not too far from ya.. got some good public land hunting around here with Shimek basically surrounding here and donnellson.. also have a couple good private spots to go to that produce pretty well

I found more morels growing on the side of the road last year than I've probably ever seen lol
Brown Plant Bedrock Groundcover Grass
Plant Botany Bedrock Wood Trunk
Plant Plant community Terrestrial plant Vegetation Grass

·
Registered
77 Posts
As far as I see on the great morel... Someone found little pinky sized landscapers or greys I'm ft. Madison but that's east... Looking like the Nebraska side of Iowa is starting up though so maybe go check?

I know my woods look super nice but need the warmth yet..
Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Diagram

·
Registered
6 Posts
I found theses last night don't know what they are View attachment 42050
View attachment 42049
Some of those are devil's urn mushrooms. I haven't had much luck finding morels since I moved to Iowa a couple years ago, but when I would see those in the south I knew morels weren't too far off. Maybe it's just coincidence, but I usually found morels in spots where I saw a lot of those

·
Registered
258 Posts
I found theses last night don't know what they are View attachment 42050
View attachment 42049
Nice Pics @brianlovesliz ! You have Nidulariaceae(Birds Nest Fungi). They are often & easily confused for Urnula Craterium(Devils Urn) and/or sometimes even Pseudoplectania nigrella(Black/Ebony Cup Fungus &/or the Brown Cup sp). These are more recognizable when the peridioles(eggs/spores) are still in the peridia(cup/fruiting body). The other pic is of Auricularia auricula(Common Wood Ear/Tree Ear). Youll likely find these every year but the Birds Nest on the other hand..one doesnt run into every year. Nice Pics again & Thanks for sharing!

21 - 40 of 91 Posts