·
Registered
258 Posts
Went out in Van Buren yesterday and didn't do too bad
View attachment 42107
View attachment 42108
View attachment 42109
View attachment 42110
About a pound and a half or so of grey and white... Breakfast will taste better than any breakfast in the last year this morning
Nice Score @Toastyjakes ! Drooling over here! The wind has been drying up my woods even w/the decent rains. Woods are behind.. but slowly getting there. Did come home with some small ramps & mustard greens. Best part...No Ticks!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is one of my favorite mushrooming photos from the past. Turkey eggs and a mushroom. Where I live (Clayton County) the ground temp (measured 4 inches deep) is 38 degrees. We need to see 45-50 degree ground temp for the 'rooms to pop. It looks like we are going to get the moisture for a good crop, now some warmth if that is not too much to ask!
Plant Vertebrate Botany Mammal Grass

·
Super Moderator
696 Posts
This is one of my favorite mushrooming photos from the past. Turkey eggs and a mushroom. Where I live (Clayton County) the ground temp (measured 4 inches deep) is 38 degrees. We need to see 45-50 degree ground temp for the 'rooms to pop. It looks like we are going to get the moisture for a good crop, now some warmth if that is not too much to ask! View attachment 42365
That’s a assume picture. Thinks for sharing

·
Registered
76 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have you guys ever used Iowa State resources to make soil temp graphs? Its really interesting going back in time to see how the years compare.

For instance, here we can see that the CR area barely broke above 50 degrees at 4 inches this year, which is colder than previous years.

41 - 60 of 91 Posts