Is this right?

Discussion in 'West Virginia' started by deniseswim, May 1, 2014.

1. deniseswim

deniseswim Morel Enthusiast

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017

2. deniseswim

3. deniseswim

Ok. I give up. LOL.

4. pbwv

pbwv Morel Connoisseur

you have to have a photo bucket or some other accounts to post to forums. but on the home page at the right you can post photos easily. just tag it with your name we will be glad to look at them for you.

5. brian

brian Morel Enthusiast

i upload them to this sites Photo's Tab via my i-phone, then find them, right click on it, left click on copy link, then go to message board. click on any topic you want, scroll to bottom of page, like your going to create a reply, click on little "image icon". paste the link in the URL field, click on "Apply",....type in what every message you want in the reply field, then click submit....you'll see your pic and reply submitted on the forum

6. jack

jack Administrator Staff Member

I use Photobucket and copy the code to the right of the HTML, then paste it to your comment

<a href="http://s1197.photobucket.com/user/mushroomjack1/media/IMGP0003_zps53c0b2bb.jpg.html" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">[​IMG]</a>

7. pbwv

pbwv Morel Connoisseur

]//i936.photobucket.com/albums/ad205/deniseswim/photo_zpsb8ef4c70.jpg[/URL][/img][/url]
    are these it Denise

8. pbwv

pbwv Morel Connoisseur

awww lol I clicked the x in your comments and took me to the photos.

9. jack

jack Administrator Staff Member

DeniseSwim, is this the picture you are trying to post ? Those are " True Morels " only they are called Half-free Morels ( Morchella punctipes.

<a href="http://s936.photobucket.com/user/deniseswim/media/photo_zpsb8ef4c70.jpg.html" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">[​IMG]</a>

10. pbwv

pbwv Morel Connoisseur

They look like half frees but if it looks like cotton inside they are not good to eat. Look through the, Wood/Wirt/ thread and MBD put a good pic of a verpa on page 2. it's the 2nd and 3rd pic down.

11. deniseswim

Thanks! I don't know what I was doing wrong with posting the pic, but yes, that's it. :) So, I don't think they look like cotton on the inside, but I already had them soaking in salt water. Are these half frees ok to eat?

12. deniseswim

Ok. I just researched it. I'm not confident enough these are half and not the false. Too bad cause I just found about 15 more. Bummer. I knew they were different that I had found a couple years ago. Back to the drawing board. Thanks though! :)

13. pbwv

pbwv Morel Connoisseur

Yes the true half free morels are perfectly fine to eat. But if the stems are not completely hollow they are not true morels, they are called verpas and can make you very sick to your stomach, Hershey squirts, Stomach cramps, and vomiting in most cases. try checking the ones you just found, Cut them in half longwise if it looks like cotton, or spider webs inside they are the false half free or verpa. If your still not sure then by all means don't eat them. Best of luck to you, and hope we helped a little.