Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been out once around Lincoln area lake. Ground was so hard don't see how anything could push through. Hope we get all the rain forecasted this weekend and next week. Anyone having any luck?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went out to my best river spots in SE Nebraska, nothing yet, not even any tiny greys. super dry. They usually pop here first so I will prolly wait until after the rain this weekend. It will be interesting this year on the river however. It flooded over 20 ft high for a week last spring, the landscape and tree piles have changed. I wonder if this will help or hurt the mushroom harvest this yr?

·
Registered
72 Posts
They are finding them all over. Go check out Facebook. Nebraska morels is the name of the Facebook page. Go take a gander at everyone's posts. It's crazy I have no idea where people are finding these at. Especially in western Douglas County.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yes. The rain worked. Found 42 nice greys and Eyes On The Ground found about 15 nice greys transitioning to yellow, although his eyes aren't as good as when he was a younger buck! Just sautéed them and had them with some prime rib & asparagus. Oh and a glass of 337 Cab.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still striking out around Lincoln lakes. Going to head east closer to river on friday. Anyone finding any near lincoln?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts