·
Registered
182 Posts
1lb Friday
2lb Saturday
yard work Sunday.
Need rain.
View attachment 38293
Hey Welcome to the site @Jwags ! Very Nice Finds this week & last wknd aswell! Agree with needing some rain! I left early yesterday(before dark) after hunting two spots and both looking the same..DRY from this wind! Yard work for me Monday but here's to Tuesday & @least a li drink for the woods 🤞

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice to meet you. The big classic elms are producing, though not in the numbers they should be. The scrub elms are barely producing at all. I hit maybe 4 scrubs for 15 mushrooms. Everything is moving slow. I’ll probably do the same 2 mushroom hunts next weekend. I’ve got some other spots to check this week.
oh and to everyone talking about the derachio. The only thing it did was knock down some producing trees and make a tangle out of the woods. Be prepared for traditional paths to be blocked.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Nice to meet you. The big classic elms are producing, though not in the numbers they should be. The scrub elms are barely producing at all. I hit maybe 4 scrubs for 15 mushrooms. Everything is moving slow. I’ll probably do the same 2 mushroom hunts next weekend. I’ve got some other spots to check this week.
oh and to everyone talking about the derachio. The only thing it did was knock down some producing trees and make a tangle out of the woods. Be prepared for traditional paths to be blocked.
A spot I hunted Wednesday was riddled with fallen trees!!! Of all sizes! Yes paths were blocked. I couldnt even count them as they were fallen everywhere! It wouldve been SCARY AS HELL to have been hunting Summer Mush in there last year & w/out warning.. Derecho!!!!! Real chance of not making outta the woods that day! G'Luck to Ya this coming week @Jwags !

·
Registered
732 Posts
Got all my yard work done the past 2 days. Only thing is I received a call from a roofing contractor Saturday at a little after 5PM, after I had been cutting grass, wanting to make an appointment to come out and do an estimate. What was odd was that the phone was laying on the kitchen table, only a couple of rooms away, and I never heard it ring! Yet, I heard the chimes announcing the missed call and the voice mail message quite clearly.

After checking them and calling him back immediately, I got his OGM, and left a voice mail. I don't know how, but I suspect that this will screw up my morel hunting. Now, one could ask which is more important, morels or your roof. Many would like to say morels, but it really can't be that way! I gotta get my roof fixed!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A spot I hunted Wednesday was riddled with fallen trees!!! Of all sizes! Yes paths were blocked. I couldnt even count them as they were fallen everywhere! It wouldve been SCARY AS HELL to have been hunting Summer Mush in there last year & w/out warning.. Derecho!!!!! Real chance of not making outta the woods that day! G'Luck to Ya this coming week @Jwags !
No kidding! Be sure to keep an eye on those deadfalls as you’re hunting, especially if it’s windy. There’s a lot of hangers ready to fall too. Good luck and have fun in the woods! That mother-load is out there somewhere waiting to be picked!
Got all my yard work done the past 2 days. Only thing is I received a call from a roofing contractor Saturday at a little after 5PM, after I had been cutting grass, wanting to make an appointment to come out and do an estimate. What was odd was that the phone was laying on the kitchen table, only a couple of rooms away, and I never heard it ring! Yet, I heard the chimes announcing the missed call and the voice mail message quite clearly.

After checking them and calling him back immediately, I got his OGM, and left a voice mail. I don't know how, but I suspect that this will screw up my morel hunting. Now, one could ask which is more important, morels or your roof. Many would like to say morels, but it really can't be that way! I gotta get my roof fixed!
There’s no rain in the 7 day forecast.
Just sayin’

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Picked a pound today.
1/2 we’re really nice, the rest were starting to dry up.
Without rain this season is a gonna be a bust.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@Jwags Glad You got to pick yesterday! Yea! got some rain, lil bit, but hope it helps! Maybe more Sunday & Monday? Beside Saturday & Sunday higher temps. All next week through MothersDay looks nice and cool.
Yea a day in the woods is always good. Went again yesterday and got another pound.
From what I’m seeing the rain next week might too late. I hope I’m wrong but I’m not optimistic.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Isolated rain 🌦 in parts of Des Moines this afternoon. Some rain and 30mph+ strong winds🌬 near the airport. Knocked loads of white flowers off trees (perhaps magnolias?). No precipitation💦 at my house few miles west in West Des Moines.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Isolated rain 🌦 in parts of Des Moines this afternoon. Some rain and 30mph+ strong winds🌬 near the airport. Knocked loads of white flowers off trees (perhaps magnolias?). No precipitation💦 at my house few miles west in West Des Moines.
Went again yesterday for another 2 pounds. Scrub elms are starting to produce. Big classic elms continue to produce. Picked a few around some cottonwoods.
These are the days I should be walking out with 5+ pounds everyday...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Went again yesterday for another 2 pounds. Scrub elms are starting to produce. Big classic elms continue to produce. Picked a few around some cottonwoods.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Good Job all the same tho! Still something! I struckout 2 spots again but only checked for couple hours. Did find a sweet ground score.. A real nice headlamp, multiple led light settings w/battery pack. Kind you go spelunking with. Nicer brand than all ours from WallyWorld, HarborFreight, etc! You know the ol saying Finders Keepers...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good Job all the same tho! Still something! I struckout 2 spots again but only checked for couple hours. Did find a sweet ground score.. A real nice headlamp, multiple led light settings w/battery pack. Kind you go spelunking with. Nicer brand than all ours from WallyWorld, HarborFreight, etc! You know the ol saying Finders Keepers...
That’s a nice set up.
i found a cell phone. I left in in the parking area. lol

·
Registered
732 Posts
Hey, if they're dumb enough to lose them, you're smart enough to find them!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts