1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

Janesville/Madison area

Discussion in 'Wisconsin' started by morelsmasterjanesville, May 1, 2013.

1. morelsmasterjanesville

morelsmasterjanesville Morel Enthusiast

Anyone been finding them yet? Perfect weather; 90 and 80 out last few days now rain is a coming

2. iljustinw

iljustinw Morel Enthusiast

I am down by Rockton and have nothing down here yet, I won't be out till Sunday again but I think that should be the day for my first of the year. I think Madison might be another week.

3. morelsmasterjanesville

Kinda crazy how late they are this year? 80's and 90's out and rain like crazy. I understand the cold weather but man oh man I'm getting anxious

4. iljustinw

iljustinw Morel Enthusiast

ya but only 2-3 days of that weather. We need the temps like 50+ overnight for a week straight with 75ish during the day the entire week. I think Last year thru everyones time table off. Maybe a little late this year but not a ton.

5. morelsmasterjanesville

It's my turkey time and a spot I went out last year and came home with over 10 pounds on my first look. Ill be happy with just seeing a few :)

6. jazzymushieluv

jazzymushieluv Young Morel

yea right haha hey im in janesville need a hunting buddy?;) an yea my lil girl found one last week big one lol in park wlk by rock river:) i serched for an hour as she just like pow look mom haa

7. morelsmasterjanesville

^Jazzy haha. Don't tell me where you find them or they won't be there. But I would love to help you look if you have some private area to look. I really don't hit public to much as everyone around here does. Let me know :)

8. shroomer_ben

shroomer_ben Young Morel

There here! I found 6-8 small (1/2 - 1 inch) morels yesterday, just south of Madison. Also found a few ticks and mosquitoes as well...

9. fchc80

fchc80 Young Morel

Yep, definitely here. Spent 1.5-2 hours in the woods, got a 3-4in grey and a 3-4in half free. Not the best haul, but my eggs will be tasty in the morning. They were in Madison by the way.

10. fchc80

fchc80 Young Morel

And more half frees today. I guess will call it the consolation prize.

11. cibarius

cibarius Young Morel

If you have morels to sell tomorrow May 22 call me at 615 653 0828 cellular. I am driving through Madision tomorrow toward LaCrosse. Doug

12. rayvenrenn

rayvenrenn Young Morel

Hi,

I just moved to the Janesville area..

Is it too late to be finding them in this area? Or are they just starting to come out?

13. morel maniac

morel maniac Morel Enthusiast

Thinking about going north to Madison to hunt mushrooms. Are they coming up good right now? Also, are there any parks i can go to to hunt legally. I'm not trying to steal anybodies spot, though i,m not the best. Any ways, if you could tell me where in Madison I can go to, I will appreciate it. Also, are the ticks real bad. In central Illinois, their not too bad.

14. morelsmasterjanesville

Im not sure morel maniac to be honest. I hunt private ground but I found 50+ pounds this last week so they are popping good