Jasper County Yellows

Discussion in 'Indiana' started by river rat 70, May 7, 2014.

1. river rat 70

river rat 70 Morel Enthusiast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nyC_3cjapA

Went out for about an hour today and found 30 yellows. We need some rain. The yellows I found where small and a little dry.

2. ruggykerns

ruggykerns Morel Enthusiast

i found 20 small yellows today and 8 really fresh big ones and over 300 black ones all blacks were nice size all by kankakee river good luck

3. river rat 70

Nice ruggy,,,, thats a dam good day of hunting. With the rains coming we should be able to walk out the front door and step on em huh. lol I was thinking about going today but i am soaking up some AC tonight. It was a rough day at work. Did you find em in Jasper county? Good luck to ya,,, not that you need it. lol.

4. kankakee marshes

kankakee marshes Morel Enthusiast

have found 220 morels in kankakee bayou last 3 days. greys were drying out 2 days ago, yellows were popping up today. some were dry in direct sunlight but others had a lot of moisture. with rain tomorrow, it'll be on this weekend!

5. wanttoberiverrat

wanttoberiverrat Morel Enthusiast

Hello Kankakee
    Can you offer a couple tips?in the bottoms?trees?
    My first yeR searching river.thanks in advance and happy hunting!

6. river rat 70

So far for the year I have picked about 250 black, grey and yellows. It has been an exciting year. I have had short windows to get out and hunt, but have done well (compared to the last few years). First time in eight years that i have found morels in my own back yard. Could it be from dumping the water i soaked the morels in? Hoping so. I am gonna head out this evening when it cools off and go one of my river spots. Havent found any this season there, so hopefully I will find some big yellows!!! I am saddened that the season is so short. It seems like it was January and I was chomping at the bit to go and here it is almost over. Good luck to all and hope the morel gods smile upon us all!! Hopefully I come home with a good video to post.