Jefferson County, WV

Discussion in 'West Virginia' started by buzzardscliff, Apr 9, 2014.

1. buzzardscliff

buzzardscliff Young Morel

Looked today no luck need warm nights, they will be poppin soon folks//this week we hope. watch for snakes..

2. johndeerejd

johndeerejd Morel Enthusiast

Havnt found any yet in berkely co. Keep hoping well get the right temp/ moisture levels here soon. Seems Mother Nature playing tricks on us this year. I'll let you know as soon as I find some

3. laika

laika Young Morel

Nothing today in Jefferson county near the Shenandoah river.

4. laika

laika Young Morel

Still nothing today.

5. johndeerejd

The guy who owns property next to mine in Hampshire co. Found 8 on Friday. I didn't find any up there, going to check my spot here in Berkeley this afternoon.

6. johndeerejd

Found one half free today in Berkeley co.

7. wvcyclone

wvcyclone Young Morel

They are up. Found 86 Thursday evening, 346 on Saturday, and 146 Sunday in Jefferson county.

8. johndeerejd

Went out today, picked 46, most were small greys, n a hand I'll of half free. Lots of really little ones popping up I left to grow.

9. rotorhead

rotorhead Morel Enthusiast

Nice!!! Care to give any details on what kind of habitat your finding them in??? Thanks and good luck.

10. johndeerejd

Went out again on Friday and found 72 more in berkely co. Then went to my property in the mountains of Hampshire co and found over 50 on Saturday while turkey hunting. Didn't here a single turkey but had fun finding shrooms. I've been finding mine in berkely co in wet lying area w lots of underbrush n stickers... Really thick area w patches of heavy green off and on between the trees n brush... More around rock breaks last wk. this wk finding them more spread out, picked 20 today but left a whole bunch out so my sister can come pick them with me n the next day or two. In Hampshire was finding them on east side of the Mtn near the middle and top of the slope. Were the sun hits first when it begins to rise were there was a lil bit of green mixed in with all the leaves... Didn't find any on the westward lay facing slope. It was hardwood forest area.

11. johndeerejd

Here are done from friday

12. johndeerejd

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  13. johndeerejd

[​IMG]

14. rlweller

rlweller Morel Enthusiast

yesterday morning was prime time i do think season is winding down.If i could figure how to post pictures i found bag full some bigger than my hand.

15. rlweller

rlweller Morel Enthusiast

here you go [​IMG]

16. jack

jack Administrator Staff Member

If your using Photobucket, copy the code to the right of the HTML code, then paste it to your comment.

Johndeerejd, what is your collage software called and where's it from ? That's a nice picture.

<a href="http://s1197.photobucket.com/user/mushroomjack1/media/IMGP0003_zps53c0b2bb.jpg.html" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">[​IMG]</a>

17. jack

jack Administrator Staff Member

This Collage is for Windows, I bought it thru the Microsoft store. I think it was $18.00 I'd rather have one for my iMac, but the ones they have are still getting bad reviews.

<a href="http://s1197.photobucket.com/user/mushroomjack1/media/Morels_AutoCollage_7_Images_zps2222ccf5.jpg.html" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">[​IMG]</a>

18. johndeerejd

It's an app for my iPhone: gradient blender.

19. ohioguy

ohioguy Young Morel

You selling? I'd like a couple lbs :)

20. johndeerejd

[​IMG]