Jefferson County, WV

Discussion in 'West Virginia' started by buzzardscliff, Apr 9, 2014.

1. rlweller

rlweller Morel Enthusiast

APRIL 14 anyone found any shrooms in Eastern Panhandle

2. johndeerejd

johndeerejd Morel Enthusiast

Havnt found any yet, checked last wk in hampshire co, and Monday in berkeley. Going out tomorrow! I'll let you know when I find my first one

3. rlweller

rlweller Morel Enthusiast

April 17 and 19 i went out and checked nothing,there should be popping very soon

4. johndeerejd

johndeerejd Morel Enthusiast

Took a walk today and Sunday, havnt found any yet... My gf said she heard people were finding some and to go out today and look... She works at Jefferson co schools and heard one guy found over 400. Nothing at my spots tho... Anyone out there finding any in the Eastern panhandle? Going to my property in hampshire co Friday.

5. rotorhead

rotorhead Morel Enthusiast

Hi all, congrats on your finds. I'm starting to get discouraged here in Morgantown, I've been walking my rear end off looking for some blacks and nothing. I've checked the ridge tops, creek bottoms and everything in between, NOTHIN but scarlet cups and some very small pheasant backs. Any advice on what habitat your finding in would be very appreciated. Just as a side note, yesterday I found 2 of the largest elm trees I've ever seen in the wild, 40 inches through the middle, 80 ft tall and very healthy, they are beautiful.