1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

kanawha county find

Discussion in 'West Virginia' started by eddaugherty, Apr 8, 2013.

1. eddaugherty

eddaugherty Young Morel

found 11 blacks near tuppers creek .between charleston and sissonville,,,things close to charleston are a little more budded out,,i usually find blacks there 7 to 10 days before i find them further away from the city..
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  2. eggbo

eggbo Morel Enthusiast

Good to hear Ed send them our way!

3. mbdola

mbdola Morel Connoisseur

Nice.....things are dry here in NC WV. We need some rain.

4. brian

brian Morel Enthusiast

Ed, i live off the Haines Branch exit, (Cicerone Rt area). been out of town since thursday, didnt see your post...that excites me, you finding some close to home....think i'll stroll back on the hill to one of my honey holes and check it out. will post pics or update on what i see..man, we should could use some rain!!!!

5. eddaugherty

eddaugherty Young Morel

Brian, i havent found any on goose creek yet,,we are neighbors,,email me eddaugherty448@yahoo.com

6. brian

brian Morel Enthusiast

Ed,just e-mailed you!...went this morning, its getting dry and too warm, too early here in Kanawha Co. even the downed trees with moss are dryed out..didnt see anything, walked nearly a mile. didnt spot any form of mushroom or fungus anywhere..we really need normal temps and 3-4" rain over the next couple weeks or this is going to end up like 2012! im not even going back out till adequate moisture hits this area this is a critical time if things are going to get right.

7. mbdola

mbdola Morel Connoisseur

Brian...I am with ya. 10 days into April and we have zero recorded rain for my are in NCWV. Basically it's just like last March....Because this March we had extremely cold temps and it was damp, and now in April we warmed up fast and no rain for 10+ days. The extended forecast doesnt look to promising either, i know it will change but we need a ton of rain to get up to average.

I'm going to be out hot and heavy after this rain over the next 48 hours because it may be our only shot at a good haul.