Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to start a new 2020 hunting thread... in times like these, we need some good foraging news.

Soil temps are still a tad cool, but it will not take much to increase them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's shaping up to be a good season! Mayapples are a good indicator, another thing I go by is my asparagus patch, if it's up morels are up! Looking forward to the season!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I noticed today the dandelions are up , here and there. Temps look good for next week. I think things are going to happen then. I'm taking a weeks vacation next week .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, the juices are flowing. Glad to see the moisture and warm temps. I've always watched for the blue violets and redbuds. Once upon a time, I went with my Grandpa, hunting south of Wichita. Not much luck there in recent years. If anyone could point me in a different direction where I might strike gold, would be so grateful. Last year, I looked around Howard, but no luck.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Yes, the juices are flowing. Glad to see the moisture and warm temps. I've always watched for the blue violets and redbuds. Once upon a time, I went with my Grandpa, hunting south of Wichita. Not much luck there in recent years. If anyone could point me in a different direction where I might strike gold, would be so grateful. Last year, I looked around Howard, but no luck.
Ever hunt around L. Cheney? Its a long ways from me but I found some there when I hunted it, and it was a bad year that year in most places. Lots of cottonwoods.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My cousin lives in Andover. She would never give up her spot but it was on the outskirts of town. Idk how far you are from there but it'd be worth looking around. Best of luck!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well...started strong on Saturday....sunday only half of what I found on saturday...today only two. Still a week early in my opinion , so from this point on things should trend back up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm in shawnee co. Found a bag full last year.. was wondering where everyone is at and if anyone is finding any around here? I went out sunday wasnt lucky..

1 - 20 of 38 Posts