Kansas City Metro Area 2013

Discussion in 'Missouri' started by super picker, Apr 8, 2013.

1. ms_ morel

ms_ morel Morel Enthusiast

Rain this week + warn up this weekend = this weekend is the time to go.

2. stompin the woods

stompin the woods Young Morel

Went out to eastern Jackson county today. Nah dah. Still looks a week or so out

3. parkvillemark

parkvillemark Morel Enthusiast

Found 3 VERY small greys today in Platte County. It is just starting, Yellows will be up this coming Sunday and Monday.

4. moreldreams

moreldreams Morel Enthusiast

My niece found 8 yellows and 1 gray in eastern jackson county today. I am a die hard and will be going out tomorrow no matter the weather. Will let you know how I fare.

5. hildigard

hildigard Morel Enthusiast

Found 180 yesterday in the Northland. N found 79 tonight. They R there!! I hope the pic shows up!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  6. randystites

randystites Young Morel

Awesome!! Plan on going out this weekend, Sunday.

7. moreldreams

moreldreams Morel Enthusiast

Found nineteen yesterday. Am waiting for Friday to go again.

8. hildigard

NKC found 60 in the snow ][​IMG]

9. hildigard

][​IMG]

10. kb

kb Morel Connoisseur

You know its still early if you can count what you find.

11. super picker

super picker Morel Enthusiast

KB, not everybody count them like you do buddy...KB counts by the BOX !!

KB---Super Picker = Morelchef2

12. kay0213

kay0213 Morel Enthusiast

Wyandotte Park in North KC...any history of finding morels here. I did a very brief recon last weekend and nothing. Nice lake/park, just haven't been there before and it was an easy exit of the interstate. I'm unfamiliar with the NKC area any public lands that you know of would be greatly appreciated.

13. hildigard

I've drove up there about 7 years ago n like u said was easy access. I walked around a little bit . I basically rushed thru it. If I remember right it looked decent.

14. ms_ morel

Wyandotte Park in North Kansas City??? You do know that North Kansas City and Kansas City North are TWO different things, right? This must be a park that has hidden from me for the past 33 years! What county is it in???

15. hildigard

I'm assuming they ment Wyandotte lake because it is pretty far north on 435 and a lot of woods around

16. ms_ morel

Yes, Wyandotte Lake Park would make <strong>much</strong> more sense. But it is in KANSAS, <span style="text-decoration:underline">not</span> Missouri. I don't know what made me automatically think they meant the Missouri side, except, like I pointed out, the Missouri side has the distinctions between North Kansas City and Kansas City North. I, personally, have never heard Kansas City, KS split up like that. That's why I wondered why they were talking about Wyandotte over here. I guess it all threw me a bit because KCKS is so small as compared to KCMO proper and that the MO side already has those distinctions (NKC and KC N) officially designated. Unless someone is absolutely new to the Metro Area, they would/should know that and/or where Wyandotte Lake Park is. Now, "Wyandotte County Park" is smaller and is just north-east of Bonner Springs. So having TWO parks named "Wyandotte" could make things a bit confusing, as well.

That said, maybe we should possibly to specify which state we're talking about? :?:

17. kay0213

kay0213 Morel Enthusiast

TY Hilidigard it was the Lake....for those of us who only use KC to shop/eat/party/fly...all the little subtle boundaries don't really register. Now that I think about it, I did cross the river and into Missouri after I left. I imagine that clears it all up. If I have any luck, I'll let you know after the weekend.

18. kc rm hunter

kc rm hunter Morel Connoisseur

There was a burn on part of the park in the woods a couple of years ago.I was going to go back there the next spring to check for Morels but never made it.....on the north side.

19. jim

jim Morel Enthusiast

I found a few locally today in between the raindrops. Some of them were almost white. What's that about? Is that normal? Don't know how to post a pic or I would.

20. ms_ morel

Well, I was trying to help Jim out with posting a pic. But even I can't figure out how to post a pic. At least not from a site OTHER THAN photobucket. I really do NOT like photobucket. It's a resource hog.