1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

KANSAS FINDS 2014

Discussion in 'Kansas' started by shroombuyer, Apr 9, 2014.

1. shroombuyer

shroombuyer Morel Enthusiast

Lot of finds ok line north to US24. Entire state after next couple days of 80`s

2. jamie

jamie Morel Enthusiast

went between lawerence and topeka today and found 31 in about 30 mins of hunting. almost as many tics!

3. tripod

tripod Morel Enthusiast

Good job Jamie! were they very big ? The mushrooms not the ticks ...lol
    I was hoping the ticks wouldn't be bad this year..oh well.

4. jimbolvks

jimbolvks Morel Enthusiast

Good Morning All i'm going to be hunting around Leavenworth,Ks was out Wednesday an 0 so maybe after this rain this weekend they will Pop

5. jimbolvks

Jamie were U in low land or in the hills

6. kawvalleyshrooms

kawvalleyshrooms Morel Enthusiast

7. jimbolvks

We were at 80 Saturday an Sunday started going down with the sun an today It spitting snow an temp 30 BIG set back

8. jamie

jamie Morel Enthusiast

Too cold-too long. I had to go to Oklahoma to find any numbers. I have found less than 100 in ks in river bottom

9. shroombuyer

Fri 18 getting a few 10lb lots central ks to Topeka. Mostly smaller. Date wise, this would seem to be a normal year-last 2 weeks of April and 1st 2 weeks of may, things dont look right in the timbers,maybe due to the recent freezes and frosts.Freeze damage to morels mostly cosmetic limited to black tops on what was up. Weekend rain and warm next week will tell the story. Today,Sat. and Sun paying a exrta $2/lb upcharge for working the weekend.. $24/lb

10. sasnak44

sasnak44 Morel Enthusiast

Try permethrin clothing n gear spray for those nasty tick, they jump off almost as fast as they get on n if they don't then they die, good stuff, says it last through six washings,anybody want to hunt in olathe , give my a ring during daylight hours,913 660 4670,work for myself so hours flexable, good luck hunters

11. dchitw

dchitw Morel Enthusiast

Found ten today is all and a few yesterday. Dusty dry here. Lucky to get any.

12. wildcat2003

wildcat2003 Young Morel

Found about 10# in SG county. A few were pretty dry so they must have been out for a few days but some in the bottoms were perfect.

13. sekmorelman

sekmorelman Morel Enthusiast

FOUND 54 NICE ONES THIS MORNIN IN SEK. WOULD POST A PIC BUT NOT SURE HOW LOL.GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

14. shroombuyer

12 noon Easter Sun 420 seeing lots of 10-20lb lots-few 40 &50. central and Eastern Ks. All fresh medium to small geys and blondes #1 prime $24/lb Bigger tans & blondes wichata to OK line.Price steady. Still having lots of :nothing finds

15. dfritz89

dfritz89 Morel Enthusiast

Buddy of mine found 13 lbs today Kansas river

16. sekmorelman

sekmorelman Morel Enthusiast

wow dont know if i could eat 13lbs but i would surely give it try lol.

17. shroombuyer

10pm 420 things went from bad to worse all afternoon. Few 10lb finds-25lb top-mostly eastern ks hwy 24 and South. All from river bottom or recent rain. 2-4in tans nice. Most sellers say they left as much burnt up as they picked-especially South. Heard alot of had trouble finding enough for a mess. Dry most areas If the rains flush em or NE & IA come in probably 20 next week. If not 30 real quick. Already record high prices.

18. vc

vc Morel Connoisseur

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  19. shroombuyer

21st Central KS bringing in good numbers with 80lb top-lots of 20-50`s-good quality. Most of Eastern KS hurting with alot getting skunked. dry prices steady to $1 higher on good quality

20. shroombuyer

7 lots after dark all from 40 mile radius topeka-bigger #`s South.Exceptional quality all fresh no bad tops-right color-right size. If where you hunt got rain, theres shrooms. no rain=no shrooms