Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
4.24 2nd day of over 500 lbs from KS alone-all areas. Rain should finish it off with the big yellows and maybe everyone will finally get a bag full. Getting alot from NE & IA and as we "front run" the season pretty much this is probably the last post here for the year. We will still service KS till they get big and buggy. Strong demand and good prices for good quality.

·
Registered
3 Posts
these were a few i found from my hotspots outside of lawrence today 4/24 cant wait for some more heat had a good rain in lawrence today. //i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o709/Geoffrey_Lee_Christie/morels_zpsa17802ab.jpg[/IMG]//i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o709/Geoffrey_Lee_Christie/morels_zpsa17802ab.jpg[/URL][/img][/url]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Man, I need some luck. Congratulations to those who have found some this year. Still looking for my first of the season after 3 weeks of hunting. This dry spell will end tomorrow !!! I will have my revenge on the morel !!! AAAAhhhahahahahahahahahahahaha

·
Registered
6 Posts
synthescape: I know Ur stress I've been hunting around a L/V an A/T country an have have yet to fine my 1st this year So yes MAYBE since the rain we will get some pretty Morals

·
Registered
6 Posts
shroombuyer: I would Like to say Thanks for the info about the Morals it was great info to hear where they were an to look at the map an remember that where the rain fell in the most aeries I'm in Leavenworth,Ks an the rain missed us just about every time up thru central Kansas an below I-70 till KC an then it too off up north Thanks U So Very Much

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just found 20 nice big yellows in my yard today after the rain. Was out there yesterday and nothing, marked them all to give them a few days to get a little bigger. Going to other hotspots to get my pot o gold from old areas Ive hit for years, Im sure they are up now after the storms. FINALLY, didnt hink they were coming at all this year. One of the later seasons for some years.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Finally found 52 yellows just south of lawrence, left most cause they are very fresh not even standing up yet, finally fresh morels and crappie doesn't get much better, good luck to all they should be going crazy next few days

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice find fuzzy I have only found a handful of Greys this year doesn't seem like conditions were right for them where I hunt
Yellows are popping good now though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah man, found a bunch of fresh yellow's to. I was finding them before all the rain yesterday. Seems like the further south of the city you go, the more I'm finding. Great start to the shroom year fer me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So this is only my second year hunting. Went back to my spot from last year and got about a pound today (I think they are greys). Would you all recommend hunting the same spot tomorrow or try somewhere else? I'll try to attach a picture later.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just went out today near Lawrence and found an assortment, about 3-4 pounds. It was a mix of older medium size greys, older yellows of all sizes, and some very fresh and smaller yellows. A lot of spots that regularly produce a lot are not really popping right now. I've found barely any under sycamores; some of the bigger hauls were around cedar trees and elms. Nothing was very buggy, and poison ivy is barely starting to grow; I think there's a decent amount of time left in the season. At least a week I think! Maybe more, there's a lot of rain in the forecasts for the next week.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Back again this year. Fresh morels for sale by the pound. Found within the last couple of days they are sliced and cleaned ready to sell. $45 per pound. Just rinse and cook. I cut and soak my morels to get rid of all the bugs on them that deteriorate them if left unwashed. Email me or call 913-375-3050 if interested. I have at least several pounds right now.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Interesting year so far...Right now I'm not finding many in my usual spots but when I do, it's been crazy. On Friday I didn't find any at all under sycamores. On Saturday I found several dozen under one right next to a marshy area. Then today found 13 pounds under one sycamore, and not a single other one under any sycamores. In that area the elms were producing a few handfuls of small yellows, and there were a few "lone wolf" mushrooms here and there. Elms that had been struck by lighting produced a lot, and I found some smaller burnt up greys around cedar stumps. In the the last few days, it hasn't been enough to find the right terrain; you also gotta find that one tree where the mushrooms are going bonkers. Hopefully that changes after today's rain and we start seeing them everywhere! Nothing has been buggy, the woods haven't really started to fill out yet, and I see a lot of signs indicating that this season has some time left.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts