Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Tickbait, are you hunting bottom land or hills? Also, do you mind telling what county you are finding them in? Thanks for any information you are willing to share and congrats on the finds.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The only luck I've ever had on hills was in Missouri, on cedar covered hillsides. Around here I might find them on gentle hillsides near streams but nothing higher. What kinds of hillsides actually produce mushrooms around here?

·
Registered
7 Posts
CatfishJohn.......is that you JT? Bip!!! found another 30lbs this weekend in Linn County. Hell, we had to start breading and freezing them this weekend. We have over 70 lbs. of rooms!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah, Fuzz, sounds like you guys put the blap on em. The usual spots? The good year is only gonna get better. We're just getting started up here. Go get em!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Moorel if your finding to many to keep,give me a call and maybe you can sell me some.I'd like buy about 20 lbs or more my # is 816-261-9512,thanks and good hunting.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah, finding them along creeks with big standing dead tree's. Also along the outside of edge of evergreens. Still finding good fresh gray's and fresh yellows.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah, catfishjohn......found abunch near the wardens house all the way in back by the big pond. found some in the valley to. There everywhere dude. Come on May 16th!!!!!. Did I tell you we meet a fella from Iowa this weekend?? Got his nuumber and was gonna give him a buzz when we head up that way.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sweet, Fuzz. The warden's always produces big. I heard they burned the house down over by the horseshoe bend. That kinda sucks, but they should be popping like gangbusters there next year--he'll, maybe even this year. This is last year I'll have to sit out on the old hunting grounds. Was the Iowa dude out pickin? Yeah, man, the way the year is shaping up here for morels, you best be ready for round two of the shroom slayin! :) Did you guys try the bottomwoods north of Turkeyfoot, yet? That spot is boom or bust, but if it's booming, you better have a ton of pickin bags.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Went out today for 8 hours and found 6 1/2 pounds...Not sure if it was worth it, in the cold and rain. This was in Douglas County, and most were very fresh, smaller white morels. There was one notable patch with a lot of baseball size yellows. All this was in creek/river areas. Yesterday, closer to Ozawkie, I was seeing just what I like to see during the season; a solid mix of greys, whites and yellows, and some beautiful larger golden specimens. Not only that, but I was finding mushrooms every five minutes or so; as opposed to today, where I could go 20-30 minutes without finding anything. This cold spell has definitely slowed down what looked like a very promising week.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Found abunch of fresh white's yesterday, well over 20 lbs. Finding them in the area's that got burned earlier last month. The big beer can shrooms, 1 over 12 in. It's still on in Kansas. No clue about elephant ear's

41 - 60 of 65 Posts