1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

kb....you could be a billionaire!!!!

Discussion in 'Nebraska' started by packman mike, May 6, 2014.

1. packman mike

packman mike Morel Enthusiast

kb claims to grow these in his yard, under a bucket. WOW!!!! If that were the case, you'd be a millionaire. You silly,
    boy.

2. kb

kb Morel Connoisseur

My father's yard is part forest. He had small greys in his front and back yard on ash and maple trees. They were about half the size of a little finger. Since the area was real sunny I knew they would dry out, giving them shade with a bucket, and keeping the ground moist with rainwater along with misting the morels grew some as tall as 8" I knew they would grow I just wanted my dad to see. Sorry I insulted you Mike, it was a bad day at work. Everyone can have an opinion that is why its America. But I need to stick with what I know. A friend and I left two trees loaded with tiny morels last Thur. in some N. Mo hills. They were way to little to waste time picking. I went back today and they had gone from less than an inch to big thick double golf ball size. More had come up also. A couple had gone bad without growing. Sounds like you are having a great year up there, I love to pick like you are this year. Enjoy your year and keep us posted on the hauls. I do wish I could grow them from scratch but only God knows how to do that, and as far as I know he's not telling.

3. boone

boone Morel Connoisseur

Well Mike I think it's time you woke up and smell the coffee.Ignorence is no exuse for what you think happens with Morels.If you had a place of your own to test out this theary by kb I think you would understand the way nature works.So SORRY you don't understand,your loss and our gain.Have a great day and don't let the Giant Ticks carry you off to there cave.

4. shroomwinkle

shroomwinkle Morel Enthusiast

44 years of hunting,sounds more like your age,maybe two years out there, I hope i don't get senile when i grow old.

5. packman mike

packman mike Morel Enthusiast

Call me all the names you want. I've picked over 50 lbs. so far. 150 lbs short of last year.i'm 55 years old,and far from senile. So....this all started because I said little ones don't grow into big ones. I still believe that. Do they grow???? well, certainly they do....but not enough for me to leave them to dry up and rot. Listen to youselves....you sound like children with all your name calling. @kb....Thanks for your last comments. you are right ...only God knows.
    God bless all you happy morel hunters.

6. sporeloser

sporeloser Morel Connoisseur

Ya know opinions are like aholes everyone has one. This site has brought me joy over the last couple years going from a rookie to a intermediate morel hunter I just hope the name calling is all done. Leave that to me and shroomwinkle cause we know it's all in fun. I just want everyone to know that all your tips and suggestions have helped me tremendously. We all have the same common goal and that's to bring home a big bag wether your a pro or a novice. The woods are our playground and I'm still a kid at heart (42) but to show my son (12) a way to use what GOD has provided for us is just another tool to put in his bag. I appreciate each and everyone of you and I hope the season isn't over yet.

7. kb

kb Morel Connoisseur

Packman, you still picking or has the party ended? really amazing amounts you were getting. Had to be a lot of fun. Sorry we got off on the wrong foot there dude. I wish I could get off work and hunt every day. To many people hunt in my area. Driving is the only way to come close to what you find close to home.