Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to get a topic started for finds near the Kansas City Metro. Really hopeful this rain is going to do the trick. Post 'em if you got 'em... :wink:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was just getting ready to open one up for KC area. I live in the St. Louis area but have a spot up near Cameron. 4 hour drive for me, so I want to make sure they are up before I head up there. Good luck everyone.

·
Banned
51 Posts
Sorry i cant figure out how to post pics but i found my first on march 21st and have a pic..have checked that spot daily and found no more than that 1 until today..i found a grey about 2 inches tall 50 yards from the first...im in blue springs. ..found around dead sycamore trees , low lying area with no slopes to speak of..last 3 days the may apples have exploded and ive found a few other species of shrooms..its about to explode with morels. Plenty of moisture, now we need a little sun..if someone can coach me how to post..ill do so

·
Registered
189 Posts
terrysapp, if y'all can't make the haul to Cameron just make arrangements with the landowner and the Dawg will head over and makes sure dem shrooms get proper attention so to speak. :lol:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
terrysapp,

What are the odds, my folks live outside Cameron. That is quite the drive from St Louie...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sorry i cant figure out how to post pics but i found my first on march 21st and have a pic..have checked that spot daily and found no more than that 1 until today..i found a grey about 2 inches tall 50 yards from the first...im in blue springs. ..found around dead sycamore trees , low lying area with no slopes to speak of..last 3 days the may apples have exploded and ive found a few other species of shrooms..its about to explode with morels. Plenty of moisture, now we need a little sun..if someone can coach me how to post..ill do so
My suspicion is that you have to click on the "More Options..." box below the box where you enter what text you want in a comment/post. Then try clicking the "Upload a File" box that appears....again, below the text box. From there you can choose your picture and see if it posts.

If it doesn't post, then you must upload your photo somewhere on the net. Once that is done, then look above the text box and find the Smilie face in that row of buttons. Just to the right of that is a little square icon with a mountain in it. When you have your chosen pic(s) uploaded somewhere on the net, you can then copy the URL where it's posted and paste it in the appropriate place as it asks. Then follow whatever prompts you get.

I hope this helps. Just understand that what one sees on a cell phone and what one sees while using a computer can be and usually are two different things. The directions I gave you are given by what I see on the computer that I'm on. You may or may not see the same things the same way as I do on your phone.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey everyone, I'm just now figuring out how to navigate in here. Trying to figure out how to be able to come directly to this thread. hmmmm........

Anyway, I hope this season brings LOTS of morels to everyone and enough to share, too!;)

Unfortunately, the other evening a brand new can of whipped cream jumped off the top shelf in my fridge and attacked my big toe on my right foot.:mad: Yes, that SUX!:eek: Had it X-rayed...not broke, but it sure does feel like it! Because of that, it looks like I won't be doing any morel hunting any time soon. :(

SO, if any of you find that you have "too many" morels:oops:...I would be interested in buying a couple of pounds or so if the price is right.:D I live in the southern half of Clay county Missouri and can meet up with you anywhere in that area. Just inbox me, eh? THX!:D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey I will definitely let you know when I'm finding em and get ahold of you because I usually find way too many to eat myself and end up selling a bunch to friends around Kearney. Hopefully this weekend!

·
Registered
32 Posts
ms morel - sorry about your toe! I'd be happy to meet you at your local honeyhole and you just point me in the right direction! ;) You do the pointin, I'll do the pickin!

·
Registered
24 Posts
ms morel - sorry about your toe! I'd be happy to meet you at your local honeyhole and you just point me in the right direction! ;) You do the pointin, I'll do the pickin!
Yeh? ......uhm, ....no.... Thanks for the offer, anyway! ;) And thanks for your concern over my toe. :)
Lol she ain't gonna give up any her spots, smart girl haha nice try!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Taking dad out tomorrow and hit a couple spots in platte county. Lilac is in full bloom across the street and my hostas are well above ground. All signs pointing to morels are up. Just need to sniff them out

·
Registered
142 Posts
Lol that last picture with all the morels and a pistol next to it. Are you mushroom hunting in the hood? Haha
I'm not sure where you be shroom hunting 50 cent but cover alot of woods when I hunt. When you hear about shroom hunters finding dead body's on the news in what could be your back yard what is your definition of the hood? I take my 2 little shroom stompers in the woods with me... It's for every day self defense, you never know if your the person running into the guy dumping the dead body's. That was just what was in my hands after I got home before taking the pic.
20170407_213943.jpg
20170407_213810.jpg

1 - 20 of 51 Posts