Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
I know they're past their prime but should I give them a try?
They don't look too far gone; if their not "buggy" or mushy they should be fine. Maybe not at peak freshness but I've ate a lot of them like that with no ill effects. Cook them well and enjoy! If your still hesitant you can always dry them for future use. They're fine for that. (Oh yeah, BTW they are Oysters!)

·
Registered
7 Posts
A little help please. I'm new to the game. What are these? View attachment 23310 View attachment 23312
It's either oyster mushrooms or the cousin of the oyster mushroom. Both are edible. I can't tell them apart. You might find them on the same tree twice a year. I think they're delicious. I don't eat the tough sour stem. The ones that are full of bugs take them home too. Put them on a stump or a fresh log. They're easy to get started near your home. For more mushroom info [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
It's either oyster mushrooms or the cousin of the oyster mushroom. Both are edible. I can't tell them apart. You might find them on the same tree twice a year. I think they're delicious. I don't eat the tough sour stem. The ones that are full of bugs take them home too. Put them on a stump or a fresh log. They're easy to get started near your home. For more mushroom info [email protected]
Looks possibly more like Ganoderma sessile than Ischnoderma resinosum..??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts