@ ksushroomer

Discussion in 'Ohio' started by the shroominator, Apr 7, 2015.

1. the shroominator

the shroominator Morel Connoisseur

Hey ksushroomer!! Have you been out yet? How's it lookin for blacks this year? You're my sign of when to start lookin in NE Ohio.

2. buckeyebowman

buckeyebowman Morel Connoisseur

I, too, am waiting with bated breath! I'm on the same latitude about 35 miles due East of KSU. It's kind of become a "thing" with me to finally find a black!

3. rgeho79

rgeho79 Young Morel

i live in champaign county which is about 45 minutes north of dayton and i have a spot that i am going to go check out today that grows blacks. if i find some i'll let ya know!! :)

4. the shroominator

Thanks rheho79! I'm about 4 hours north of you so my woods may be a week or so behind yours

5. ksu_shroomer

ksu_shroomer Morel Connoisseur

Sorry, shroominator... haven't been in the woods yet this spring. I'll probably check my early spots next week and report back.
    My guess is we're still a week or two away from anything here, but I've certainly been wrong before!
    If temps keep on a gradual climb, we might be in for another great season in these parts :)
    Good luck to all!

6. the shroominator

I hope you're wrong ksu!! Lol I'm chomping at the bit to get my mesh bag full. Thanks for your response. I'll be out after this weekend and will report as well from the summit county area.
    May you all stumble upon the mother load!!
    Full bags!!

7. the shroominator

Hey ksu!! Have you been out lately?

8. amoyer5

amoyer5 Young Morel

I live in Kent and will be checking my spot today if it stops looking like rain. According to my phone I didn't have anything pop up until May 5th last year and waited until the 16th to pick them. Maybe tomorrow's sunshine will get the ball rolling?