Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like some of the southern county folks are starting to post some decent finds. Good luck, everyone, and hoping for a productive season.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A little bit of both but the sunny spots seemed to be the older greys that were dried out. Found some real fresh yellows just popping deeper in. The rain we're supposed to be getting, mid week, should help a lot.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Hey sharks any spots you could spare for a up and coming hunter me and my wife where going to go to Dixon to a forest preserve there tom but have never been but if the throw me a bone I could just go east

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Unfortunately, that spot is a no go. It's private and hard to get to. I can tell you that if you get out there early you'll definitely find some. The rain really helped and with the upcoming precip on Saturday and Sunday, there should be a big flush. Keep hitting that timber and start looking for those bigger yellows. I can tell you that everything we found yesterday was on well drained, loamy soil with plenty of leaf dead fall, Northwest facing slopes and under or near ash saplings or dying elms. Don't get too frustrated, identify your trees and you'll find them.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Unfortunately, that spot is a no go. It's private and hard to get to. I can tell you that if you get out there early you'll definitely find some. The rain really helped and with the upcoming precip on Saturday and Sunday, there should be a big flush. Keep hitting that timber and start looking for those bigger yellows. I can tell you that everything we found yesterday was on well drained, loamy soil with plenty of leaf dead fall, Northwest facing slopes and under or near ash saplings or dying elms. Don't get too frustrated, identify your trees and you'll find them.
Thanks bro

1 - 20 of 32 Posts