1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

LATE SEASON!

Discussion in 'Missouri' started by kc rm hunter, Apr 16, 2013.

1. kc rm hunter

kc rm hunter Morel Connoisseur

Does anyone agree with me now???
    Here's my post from March 19th.....I just meant a week late to the normal in Missouri……just a guess by the cold fronts that keep coming down.The weather people keep adjusting the long rangers to accommodate the cooler than normal conditions.Just a hunch
    Super Picker?????LOL

2. missourishroommate

missourishroommate Morel Connoisseur

I'd say good call on that one KCRM! One more OK trip and then it should be on around here huh....

Good luck ShroomMates!
    Mitch

3. kc rm hunter

I figured you'd be done Mitch....found enough already!!!(I know better,lol)
    Good luck to you too Mitch!!!!!

4. stl etc

stl etc Young Morel

Yep, good call, KCR&M. I like this season so far. Only reds here in St. Louis as of yesterday, as far as I can tell. It's nice and wet today, and it's supposed to be 82 degrees tomorrow, so ... I'm hopeful for a great morel season. The frost is long gone and we'll all hope and pray the weather doesn't snap into extreme heat. I'm even hopeful we'll have chanterelles this year. I really missed them last summer. That was a disaster.

5. kc rm hunter

Hey great to hear from you STL.etc!!! Yeah last year was the summer from hell(literally)!I think I got exactly 1&1/2 handful of chants,lol. I hope these north fronts keep dipping down and keep us cooler this summer with more precip.!!
    And that there's lots of fat grays soon!!!!
    GOOD LUCK in STL>!!!!!!!!!!

6. philmyer85

philmyer85 Morel Enthusiast

Found 38 greys north of Weston Missou. Man they were small though, was able to pick 3 for the skillet tonight :)

7. super picker

super picker Morel Enthusiast

Yep greg ur the guru! Called it right. I said 15th so not to far off.
    Call you little leter philmyer.

8. super picker

I did not pick any chants last year. Hope it is better this year. Hens were abundant tho!

9. kb

kb Morel Connoisseur

Its going to be a late great season in the 4 state area. If i had to pick the weather to prime a season this would be it. Last year was a freak. This year is a little late but plenty wet. Now if everything does not flood this week i know everywhere within 200 miles of me is soaked and just waiting on ground temps. By the way Mitch i forgot to tell you on the phone, welcome to the 50# club. We go #75 and then triple digits gets you a watch.

10. kc rm hunter

I love your attitude KB!!!! BTW...what's with the long face,lol :)

11. kb

kb Morel Connoisseur

KC, I am to dumb/lazy to change it. Man we have had a ton of rain north of me today, I hope the rivers stay in after tonight.

12. kc rm hunter

me too kb!!!! :)
    Yeah,they are saying an 8ft rise here in KC...
    http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=eax&gage=kcdm7&view=1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1&toggles=10,7,8,2,9,15,6

13. super picker

Whats up KB, morelchef here. Hope we don't flood NOW! And I wanna join your exclusive club, could you send me directions to one of your best 50# spots, along with perfect timing sos I don't waste any time.

KCRM you going to a super secert spot in the morning? If your going some place we have both been I got a couple hours to burn before work.

14. kb

kb Morel Connoisseur

Hey Chef, Fifty acres of cut cottonwood timber should solve your problem in about a week or so. I am sending you the coordinates now with my secret decoder ring.. Heck you might even make the Chinese watch level. It is really called the Dumb Luck club my dad says. He is 82 now and I am hoping to get him out and pick some this spring, flat ground is his best bet so it would suck for a flood out in the bottoms.. As far as the hills and everything else, man this wet is great. We are going to pick morels along time this year I think.

15. kc rm hunter

4-18-13....yep it's late!
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  16. philmyer85

Hey KC, were these found around Kc area?

17. kc rm hunter

Yes sir Phil....slim pickens out there right now,at least where we went :)

18. philmyer85

;) lol, was going to give Oklahoma a shot this weekend..Thinking I should keep it around Southern Ks though, next week should be the start here!

19. philmyer85

Do you think heading down there would be worth it?

20. kc rm hunter

Nope...lol.I live here and it wasn't....lol.