Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone agree with me now???
Here's my post from March 19th.....I just meant a week late to the normal in Missouri……just a guess by the cold fronts that keep coming down.The weather people keep adjusting the long rangers to accommodate the cooler than normal conditions.Just a hunch
Super Picker?????LOL

· Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey great to hear from you STL.etc!!! Yeah last year was the summer from hell(literally)!I think I got exactly 1&1/2 handful of chants,lol. I hope these north fronts keep dipping down and keep us cooler this summer with more precip.!!
And that there's lots of fat grays soon!!!!
GOOD LUCK in STL>!!!!!!!!!!

· Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Yep,that's why I picked the little guys I found....they looked fresh and very alive!! But when examined carefully they all had brown spots and streaks on the stems.they were on their way out even before the last two nights of frost!
Made a small dishful,good thing I had a couple of bites before putting on the table cuz my kids HOGGED them :)

· Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Lol....thanks,from his mama of course! We were out in the sleet and rain yesterday about 30miles north(it was early where we were).Still seein mixed in the bottoms....some rotted and some barely comin up.Not sure if it will go one more time after this cold????

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.