Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Its going to be a late great season in the 4 state area. If i had to pick the weather to prime a season this would be it. Last year was a freak. This year is a little late but plenty wet. Now if everything does not flood this week i know everywhere within 200 miles of me is soaked and just waiting on ground temps. By the way Mitch i forgot to tell you on the phone, welcome to the 50# club. We go #75 and then triple digits gets you a watch.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Hey Chef, Fifty acres of cut cottonwood timber should solve your problem in about a week or so. I am sending you the coordinates now with my secret decoder ring.. Heck you might even make the Chinese watch level. It is really called the Dumb Luck club my dad says. He is 82 now and I am hoping to get him out and pick some this spring, flat ground is his best bet so it would suck for a flood out in the bottoms.. As far as the hills and everything else, man this wet is great. We are going to pick morels along time this year I think.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Phil, The going to the military date is hard to predict. I have gone there every year since the 80's, earliest for peak was last year around the first week of April. Latest first week of May, which was in the late 90's. These are just dates based on pictures. I am not sure how cold it got out that way last night, mid 20's maybe. I hope things do hit up these parts by next week. I have been able to eat out of the bottoms, but selling quantities are hard to come by unless you go way south. All this moisture and more coming, we need a nice burst of warmth to have some real fun. Yeah St. Joe buyers are cheap, I know I live here.

·
Registered
946 Posts
A nice warm rain tomorrow and Monday with some sun to warm things up would be nice. Supposed to get cold again on Tuesday. Picked enough from bottoms pre-frost to feed dad, me, and fill the gas tank. Two day opportunity cost was 8 hours of climbing through the most god awful post flood, dead fallen timber pile from the flood of 2011 that you could ever imagine. I barely got out alive. But that is where they were.

·
Registered
946 Posts
KC, How did you get such a good looking kid? Or is it just the morels? Just getting going with this heat and rain north of I- 70 is ready to go. Bottoms have been hit and miss up here for a couple of weeks up here. Chef, sorry about the bad coordinates. Should have sent you where Mitch was. That place is a god awful mess to climb through, this must have been the best year there in decades.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.