Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Biggest haul of chicken I have seen in person. The kids freaked. It was just past prime but cutting away the parts that were starting to get "woody" left us with 25+lbs. Couldn't physically carry it all out of the woods and had to leave around 8lbs of it. There was a section that had obviously been cut so I dont think I was the only one to find it. It wouldnt have lasted much longer out there so I was selfish.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Geo. I had so much my wife gave some away. We were a little nervous about doing so. I have been posting pictures of mushrooms for the past few years on FB and friends are finally starting to warm up to eating them and wanted to take some home. I warned them about statistics I have seen online with people being sensitive too it. Luckily everyone has liked it with no problems.

The kids and I spend countless hours in the woods. They love exploring and foraging has taught them a lot about paying attention to their surroundings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.