1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

latex milkies

Discussion in 'Missouri' started by jmerx, Jun 15, 2014.

1. jmerx

jmerx Morel Connoisseur

who's got the best recipes

2. jmerx

jmerx Morel Connoisseur

doesn't anyone hunt Milky's out there

3. vibrantenergies

vibrantenergies Morel Connoisseur

I do! I don't have any recipes though! I just dice them and sautee in butter and add them to some eggs or put on toast. I love the Lactarius volemus - I call it the fish milky - and I really like the Indigo milky, but I haven't seen any this year. I have been considering pickling a jar of Lactarius piperatus too, since they are so common and I heard they ferment/pickle them in Europe. There's also a brown peppery-tasting milky that grows here in my woods that gets really big and has fooled me before into thinking it was an edible. It only took a minute to decide against that! HOT!!

So, do you have any recipes/recommendations for them? What is your favorite species?

4. jack

jack Administrator Staff Member

Post your pictures of your recipes on the Ohio Site, on the Dinner Plate Page. Everybody can always use a new recipe.

http://www.morels.com/forums/topic/pics-of-how-we-prepare-our-mushrooms-the-dinner-plate-page/

5. jmerx

jmerx Morel Connoisseur

No I don't have any. I have just got into the milkys this year. I have heard they r good sauteed up in some cream sauce.I've also heard the good and casseroles but sometimes are too strong.it seems like everywhere I look there's a peppery or latex.u