1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

Leave the itsy bitsy tiny Morels be!

Discussion in 'Ohio' started by ohiobuck23, Apr 19, 2013.

1. ohiobuck23

ohiobuck23 Morel Enthusiast

There's a lot of pictures on here with people picking first knuckle length morels. Don't pick them, let them be, let them give back to the woods, lets the spores spawn so that bigger ones can exist and by doing that, preserving the woods for future decades of happy morel hunting. People are jumping the gun and picking anything and everything. They are doing themselves no good, it is only ruining the woods in which they rely on finding morels. With thousands of new morel hunters and the decreasing morel,,,, it's time we give back to the morel! Don't pick everything you see, let the morel do its thing to preserve its life in the woods. Always leave some behind to die off and recycle itself for future morels!

2. imfubar

imfubar Morel Enthusiast

yes please don't. But all the noobs will continue to do what they want

3. del1947

del1947 Young Morel

I think it's cute the way you actually think you pick all the mushrooms in an area. As if you have never picked several in one spot. Only to go through that same area 10 days later, and find a couple of giants you somehow overlooked the first time. I'm certain millions of morels go unpicked every year

4. shroomerjohn

shroomerjohn Morel Enthusiast

people will pick all they see - especially if on public land. no harm as you can never get all of them.

5. ant

ant Morel Connoisseur

Ohiobuck Its fine if you have private land to letem grow.Some of us arnt that fortunate.And Ill Pick what I want.As I said On the mesh bag topic.Do a experiment with a small one.YOU CAN GET A SPORE PRINT!!! So leave them to grow so I can pick them.