Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

121 - 136 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hobler, I think we can all identify with your foraging excitement, and those pics are beautiful! Thank you for sharing how you prepped the fiddleheads. :)

Catskill, we love pickled ramp bulbs! Some of the bulbs we got went into pesto, but we still have enough to make a small jar.

My husband just made some garlic mustard pesto, and it will be our first time trying it. Right now, it's a little bitter, but we kind of expected that as we used large leaves and included some root. Think we'll forget the root and try just the smaller leaves next time. Luckily, we both enjoy experimenting!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Another nice little trip. View attachment 34870
Such a beautiful pic, and that looks like an incredible haul! As a woman who grew up canoeing and exploring the wilds with my parents, it makes me very happy to see your young foraging partner. She will always treasure these times with you, and no matter where her path may take her as she grows up, I'm confident she will never lose her love for the outdoors. I never did, even after university and many years in the Los Angeles/Hollywood area. I may have come home with funny piercings and unnatural hair colors, but come home I did - the call of the wild is strong and does not judge!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
Such a beautiful pic, and that looks like an incredible haul! As a woman who grew up canoeing and exploring the wilds with my parents, it makes me very happy to see your young foraging partner. She will always treasure these times with you, and no matter where her path may take her as she grows up, I'm confident she will never lose her love for the outdoors. I never did, even after university and many years in the Los Angeles/Hollywood area. I may have come home with funny piercings and unnatural hair colors, but come home I did - the call of the wild is strong and does not judge!
That's deep!

121 - 136 of 136 Posts