Lets start a fresh 2016 Georgia Morel find post...

Discussion in 'Georgia' started by pondman, Mar 14, 2016.

1. pondman

pondman Morel Enthusiast

I know it's a tad bit early but I looked over the last weekend.... Felt good to be Morel Hunting again, had no luck but nice to be out!

2. uncle fester

uncle fester Morel Enthusiast

I agree. I'm chomping at the bit and anxious to start finding them. Still nothing at my early spots. Last season I found my first ones on 20 March. Weather is perfect right now, but I guess the shrooms are not ready to show themselves yet. Soon, though, soon.

3. chonas

chonas Morel Connoisseur

You should check your 10 day. In North Alabama, I know conditions are going to be PERFECT the last weekend of March, then the next 2 weeks.

Should be a great, lateish season.

4. pondman

pondman Morel Enthusiast

Spent a few more hours today out there in the woods.... nothing yet. I'm guessing this clod snap coming there will hold it off even longer? still nice to be out and watching the woods start to wake up!

5. uncle fester

Hopefully we get some rain soon. I think we should see some rain and morels by late next week. A little dry I think. Still nothing in my early spots.

6. uncle fester

Checked one spot today (28, March 2016), and nothing. Maybe this weekend? Sucks so far.

7. pondman

pondman Morel Enthusiast

Wow Fester...... I figured you would be on them by now??? I'm going to talk a walk in the woods tomorrow ... has to be some popping up I would think........

8. pondman

pondman Morel Enthusiast

Looked again today and nothing.... the rain the next couple days will do it! next week we all need to be PIcking!

9. uncle fester

I FINALLY FOUND MY FIRST ONE yesterday, 29 March. A nice grey, and a loaner. Nothing else around in any of my spots. I was beginning to think I may not get any this year. At least I know it is starting. This weekend should be good after the rain Thursday and Friday!. Lets get some!
    https://www.facebook.com/jodyunclefestermohler/posts/10201640494089447?comment_id=10201640712094897&notif_t=feed_comment&notif_id=1459299038983337

10. retiredchief

retiredchief Morel Enthusiast

Hello everyone, I am new in the area, retired military. I enjoy getting out in the woods and searching for morels. I grew up in Iowa and loved hunting every year. I am not familiar with available areas to hunt with out trespassing, getting shot or any kind of trouble. I'm not asking for anyone's secret spots or anything, just some assistance where I could hunt and possibly take my son. Thank you for your assistance and good luck.

11. stasiakj

stasiakj Morel Enthusiast

Chief, where you at?

12. nutsak

nutsak Morel Connoisseur

Well, the 2016 Season is underway. I am a bit north but I will be bringing weekly content to the youtube channel - As the season progresses forward I will bring tip and helpful hints on how to find great locations. I have selected my spots for 2016 and I will bring you along with me from scouting to harvest.

Enjoy the footage.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS5Y88QqW2M[/video]

13. pondman

pondman Morel Enthusiast

I'm still a Zero...... Has to be this week !

14. stasiakj

stasiakj Morel Enthusiast

I have an old spot in Georgia... Peachtree City...if anyone is interested. I moved away last June and am here in Kentucky.

15. seal30124

seal30124 Young Morel

I would definitely be interested! is anybody finding anything near coweta or have I missed it already? I have about 100yds of creek on my property that is heavily mined with tulip poplars and am just wondering if I just got a bum sample size or if it's user error... :-x

16. erickathemodel

erickathemodel Young Morel

Anyone near woodstock? I looked last year but never found anything. Gonna try again this year. Maybe go in the next day or two. But not sure where to look.

17. retiredchief

Stasiakj I am in Kennesaw right now but will travel.

18. uncle fester

FINALLY. Found a few in one of my spots. You can look me up on FB Jody Uncle Fester Mohler, and see the pics. The season is underway. Found these in Canton, a little further north than my early spot. Checking that one today at lunch. Great to have found some. About a pound worth. Retirechief, where you located? I too am retired military, and learned to hunt them with my grand-dad, my dad, and brother in southeast Iowa. Hit me up.

19. retiredchief

Uncle Fester, I relocating up here currently I will be living in the Canton area this month. I Grew up in Iowa and that is where I learned to hunt them along with other things as well. I will look you up on Facebook. My name is Tony Bryant. Look forward to it,. Thank you.

20. uncle fester

I may have deleted your friend request.