LF Fellow Picker in KS, OK and TX

Discussion in 'Regional Meet Ups' started by moreltrail, Mar 30, 2014.

1. moreltrail

moreltrail Morel Enthusiast

Looking for a morel hunting buddy in Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas or nearby states. I'm a KS transplant who currently resides in the DFW area. Haven't had any luck in TX but I do have spots in KS that produce every year. I'm interested in traveling to pick this year. I'm a discreet hunter and have my own spots that I'm willing to share with the right peron(s). Let me know if you are interested. Experienced morel hunters only please.

2. benthegrate

benthegrate Morel Enthusiast

MorelTrail, it looks like there's no PM feature on this site any longer. I'm an experienced picker/forager in Dallas. I work for myself, so I have long, sporadic stretches of free time in which I hate having a roof over my head. Drop me an email at ben at benstarr d0t c0m and I'll introduce myself.

3. boone

boone Morel Connoisseur

Im out of Mo. but we go down in Okie. and sometimes Tx.but this year as it looks now we're going to be in Okie this week, if your interested let me know and we can setup a spot to get together.Good Luck and God Bless.

4. moreltrail

moreltrail Morel Enthusiast

Thanks for responding Ben and Boone. You can contact me at ilovermorels @ gmail .com.

5. birddogger

birddogger Young Morel

hi
    i am an old school picker and would love to join up with you guys. i am in fort worth and want to travel into oklahoma and camp out and pick morels. i have a few spots in mind but would like to be a part of whatever you guys decide is best.
    i dont have any time constraints as i own my own business too so i am ready at a moments notice.
    i plan on camping and picking. yeeeehaw!

6. hazydaisy

hazydaisy Young Morel

Hello!!!
    I am newbie to picking, but I love nature and an adventure. I am planing on doing a little fishing and hiking while on my visit to the dfw area. Right now Im visiting family in plano. Anyone know of any beautiful scienic secrets worth visiting around here or Arlington??? I might also visit corpus cristy with my dad this week as well. Any advice is appreciated:)

7. morelife

morelife Young Morel

I live near Fort Worth and will be going out soon to search here in the area. Looking for someone to share the adventure. Let me know. :lol:

8. morelife

morelife Young Morel

If you are still in the area hazydaizy, you're welcome to join me to look around the fort worth area. I have some spots to check out soon. They are near Decatur if you're interested.

9. hazydaisy

hazydaisy Young Morel

That would have been awesome morelife! Thank you for the invite, unfortunately I am back home now. But if and when I go again soon I'd love to explore with you!! Hope you have fun without me and good luck!!! :)

10. dhoffmorels

dhoffmorels Young Morel

Moreltrail,

Where are you from? I'm located in Emporia, Kansas, and would love to meet up to hunt with you in Kansas if scheduling allows. Been hunting for 18 years; please let me know if you're interested. Thanks!

11. scrooge7

scrooge7 Young Morel

Morelife, I live in Arlington and have never search or know what to look for but love tonjoinyour adventure.

12. seagle63

seagle63 Morel Enthusiast

Hey Morelife,
    I'm in Denton, and want to hunt! I'm a newbie. Care to meet? That goes for anyone else out there too!
    Steve

13. D. Tameny

D. Tameny Young Morel

Hi = I'm in Tulsa and would love to have a hunting partner to go where ever we have to go to find them - I'm free schedule wise and so let me know if you have had any luck or still interested in going through Tulsa and beyond! I'm Jimmy but using my sisters email for now. I love to hunt way more than anyone I know so it would be great to find someone serious. I found 13 pounds 2 years ago………..but nothing like that here in Tulsa ……Hope to hear from you.