Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody had any luck around wilderness park in the past few years? Seems like it'd be a great place to hunt but I don't really want to waste hours there if it's a no fungus area.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi everyone! If you're just getting started and need help finding your first morels, check out this super informative video on getting started. This is my passion and hope to help others discover their passion for mushrooms as well!!! Good luck! Here is the link to my video: http://youtu.be/ismIK7GhmP8

·
Registered
70 Posts
Mushroom mentor are you from the Lincoln area? If so maybe you could help by giving some advice to kingyoshi on where to hunt. You did say in the video unlike other hunters you want to help people.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Hi, sporeloser THAT VIDEO IS CHAULK FULL OF MISS INFORMATION, the good news is nobody ever died from eating the wrong tree. On the other hand proper mushroom identification is vitally important. The saying goes ” All wild mushrooms are edible, some only ONCE.” There are a couple real easy trick’s to identifying Elm bark/trees.
DEET, really doesn't prevent tick's, and normally if the tree's are leafed out enough to "flap in the breeze like sequin's" you are on the tail end of prime picking season.
There is a lot of accurate info out there, just be careful, Ok.

·
Registered
70 Posts
OldElm I was trying my best to hold my tongue about that video. You know Mama always said if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. I was just wondering if they would give up any of there spots then I would go in after them and pick all the ones they missed. You're right about good information out there there's a guy from Wisconsin who has some great videos and shows a much easier way to identify Elms. Good luck to you this season!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Here is a prime example of these "certified morel experts" Totally clueless but "certified" I don`t like to knob anyone but that video is very mis-informative, is going to get someone hurt, and needs to come down. When you don`t know a cottonwood leaf or tree from a elm and tell people to use deet directly on them which is not advised even on the label. I see all kinds of liability with these experts. I thought they were supposed to be "certified morel IDENTIFICATION experts" so they were selling restaurants the right thing. Most forget to use that word thus others think its ok to trust them. There are many good videos available.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I guess cottonwood leaves look sorta like an elm leaf. Either way as long as you know what a morel looks like you're in the right area

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi guys! My partner and I are passionate about mushrooms, and are trying to spread the love. We've created a youtube channel for people who want to get started finding morels and for people who are into watching mushroom videos. Check out our second video and let us know what you think. Please subscribe so we can keep doing this. It would be great to be able to do this as a daily vlog channel so the support is necessary for that to happen. Thanks! https://youtu.be/dUxufP0AHqY

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yoshi you could try Mizzou river on Iowa side of South o bridge from there you could walk towards the river or ride a bike down the trail and hop in I hear it's OK always cars there during season.....

1 - 20 of 43 Posts