Lincoln area

Discussion in 'Nebraska' started by viplekruxne, Apr 4, 2016.

1. kingyoshi2424

kingyoshi2424 Morel Connoisseur

2. kingyoshi2424

3. kingyoshi2424

I found some dried ones at whole foods market. 1 dried oz was $20. Which turns into 8 oz when rehydrated. I was like wtf!! Lol

4. viplekruxne

viplekruxne Morel Enthusiast

At twin lakes should I be North of the draw between the lakes for better results? Didn't find anything to the south.

5. viplekruxne

Sorry to beat a dead horse for specifics but I'm usually hunting with kids under 5 so our time is limited

6. sporeloser

sporeloser Morel Connoisseur

If you want better luck with little kids wait a couple more weeks and look at this site to see when people are finding them or look at the progression map for our your area to see when people are finding them. Are you from Lincoln?

7. viplekruxne

Yeah I live in Lincoln. I've just been seeing a lot of people in the area posting decent finds. Haven't looked for morels since I was a kid in a different part of the state. Just trying to get back into it and pass it on to my kids.

8. sporeloser

Just checked out the Nebraska morel Facebook page and people seem to be finding them all over the state and a few in the Lincoln area. Viplekruxne if I were you I would stay closer to home with little kids it's tough to travel to far or walk to far. My son and I went out yesterday afternoon for about an hour the ground was super dry so we didn't waste our time looking for morels we just scouted some potential trees. After this rain they should be easier to find.

9. kingyoshi2424

hey sporeloser are you in lincoln or omaha? care to join forces sometime? anyone?

10. kingyoshi2424

ill bring the beer.. i forgot to mention that lol

11. sporeloser

I'm from Lincoln. I wouldn't mind hunting together I have a few spots that I haven't tried but heard they were good.

12. shroomdawg

shroomdawg Morel Connoisseur

If I take a roadie to Lincoln/Omaha can someone put me on the Muthalode? I'll bring my enchanted shroom stick, a pack of baloney, some corn nuts, 30 pack of PBR (only the best beer for shroomin), toilet paper (ya never know), $10 for gas, and if possible a couch to sleep on, believe me I would not be a bother at all and I'll be sure to bring my "Breathe Right" strips cuz the wife claims there is a bull Water Buffalo sleepin in the King size with her most nights.

Anyway think about and if you want the Ol ShroomDawg aka Shroom Assassin for a shroom stompin pardner let me know, I'll be checkin back on the message board off and on til 2-3 AM but it's no big deal cuz I got 5 hrs sleep last night so I still got some extra in the tank. :wink:

13. kb

kb Morel Connoisseur

you forgot the Slim Jims dawg. Now i know your secret, it's that enchanted wand of yours. Every time i get one i end up forgetting it when i pick a big bunch. try Hamburg Bend up there or by council bluffs. You can walk all day in circles. But no hills.

14. shroomdawg

kb, if I go to Hamburg I'm headin out in the boat and check the bottoms one last time but that's only if MF'er goes, hey my favorite shroom stick is a Sycamore, if you can find some of the straight branches that have broke off or if a bigger tree meets it's demise you can get some good sticks. We usually keep 5-6 in the back of the truck or in the boat so us old shroomers don't have to go lookin for one....., LOL!

15. sporeloser

Shroom dawg that sounds good I got a couch in the shed so no need for breathe wrong stripes that 30 pack won't last long especially with them slim jims that KB said you'd bring we could use the $10 for another 30 pack so definitely bring the poop paper and I have my own shroom stick it's not to magical but a few magic mushrooms could make it look that way. I don't have any honey holes but I'm sure s couple hours in it won't matter.

16. kb

kb Morel Connoisseur

got to get me one of them dang boats. hunting bottoms without one is frustrating.

17. shroomdawg

Spore, if I hadn't canceled my last 3 days of vacation this week you'd have the Dawg sleepin in the shed and we'd be killin it tomorrow somewhere around OMAHA! (I said Omaha like Peyton Manning).
    I think it's over for the Dawg this year cuz my Posse turned into my Pu$$ies, I think that last shroom stomp that only gave up 2lbs on Sunday put'm on the porch, I still got in one last hunt Tuesday with Kirby Pro and picked up another 4-5 lbs (that boy is crazier than me but then again he's 20 yrs younger) anyway got plenty of shrooms for the family (3 brothers and 5 sisters y'all) to eat and I still have enough in the fridge for 3-4 more late evening fries with the Mrs. Kirby Pro is fixin to prepare some for the freezer so we can break'm out in the winter, hell we might fry'm up just after the clock strikes midnight on New Years Eve so we can ring in the New Year right.

kb, you gotta get a boat or get in a boat if yur gonna hunt those MO river bottoms, I won't generally mess with the bottoms for a serious hunt unless I've got a boat. Have a great summer y'all and until next year the Dawg is on the porch. (I think) LOL! :wink:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  18. kb

kb Morel Connoisseur

yeah dawg a boat is the only way. Maybe that will be my retirement gift to myself someday before i croak. Don't know if my camry will pull one though. Ha. I'm just a glutton for punishment so i think I'll go another 100 north of where i was last Thur. just to look. I know where they should be. Heard a country tune the other day on the road. kind of sums me up anymore, went something like this. " i aint as good as i once was, but I'm as good once as i ever was." next year is to far away.

19. shroomdawg

Hey if you don't like that song you'll get a boot in yur ass from TK. LOL! L8R!

20. kingyoshi2424

Hey what's up sporeloser? Can u come to omaha? I wanna find some bad.