Lincoln Co.Mo.

Discussion in 'Missouri' started by showmemoflint, Apr 7, 2014.

1. showmemoflint

showmemoflint Young Morel

Been out a few times checking my honey holes that produce yearly and nothing yet. I really think the temperature is playing more of a role this year. Last year at this time I was finding in my good spots but the trees were further along and so was the season as far as temps and rainfall.

2. smguffer

smguffer Morel Connoisseur

we should all just give up and hope for a better season next year.. i volunteer as tribute to verify no morels are popping at your honey holes.

3. darryl

darryl Morel Enthusiast

Hey ShowmeMoflint, I am in Lincoln Co also. I think I know you from the Arrowheadology forum. I found my first axe today and also found two more broken axes, all in the same field. I couldn't believe my luck.

Too early for the shrooms yet I think.

4. showmemoflint

showmemoflint Young Morel

Cool Darryl, Did you post your pics on the forum

5. darryl

darryl Morel Enthusiast

No, haven't posted there for quite some time. I don't usually find enough to post.

6. kc rm hunter

kc rm hunter Morel Connoisseur

Oh I like the flint and hardstone!!!!!....goes great with a big bag of mushrooms :wink:

7. kc rm hunter

Oh it's you Danny! Rock on buddy,I know you from FB :wink:

8. darryl

darryl Morel Enthusiast

Sorry to hijack the thread but went out again today and found another axe! Can't believe it! The three yesterday were pooters but this small one is pretty decent, not perfect but way cool in my book. I'll prob post them all up on AH forum.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  9. kc rm hunter

Nice axe Darryl,great find there buddy!!!

10. 10pointer

10pointer Young Morel

Sweet axe!!!

Love it seeing all the AH guys on here. Been finding alot of flint havent posted much over there as far as finds go. That big rain we had has kicked my headhunting into high gear....little more heat and rain and itll be morel time. Havent checked my spots but definitely plan to next week