1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

Lincoln County Area?

Discussion in 'Wisconsin' started by twincitieshunter, Jan 13, 2015.

1. twincitieshunter

twincitieshunter Morel Enthusiast

Hello,

I live in the metro area of the MN and thats usually where I hunt, but my folks have some land up in Lincoln County, WI near Tomahawk. I am trying to figure out if I should hunt for a weekend up there this spring. I have looked on a lot of sighting maps and I have not seen any sightings up that way.

Does anyone know if its worth trying?

2. hed

hed Morel Enthusiast

I would head elsewhere. I found some darks last year in the Minocqua area but it was only a handful. If you do make the trek, let us know what you come up with.

3. twincitieshunter

Will do. I usually go up there for Memorial weekend anyways. However I was thinking about skipping if its still prime in the twin cities area.

4. bubba19805

bubba19805 Young Morel

My friend got a little over 40 pounds last year in Lincoln count over by the Harrison hills area which is not far from tomahawk at all. An its 1000's of acres of county land.

5. twincitieshunter

That is great to hear! I will have to give it a shot when I am up there this season. Thanks for the advise.