1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

Live from the woods! Morels

Discussion in 'Southern Michigan' started by marn1186, May 9, 2014.

1. marn1186

marn1186 Young Morel

With the rain and the recent warmth.... what are y'all finding !?

Please share any tips or tricks! And Aprox location !

O btw... What the heck is this thing ?

[​IMG]

2. neareatonrapids

neareatonrapids Morel Enthusiast

I found only 2 so far, both on south facing slopes near dead ash

3. celticcurl

celticcurl Morel Enthusiast

Found 9 whites this morning in Ingham county. Pretty small. Found near dead elms on East side if forest.

Going out to check a spot where I found a bunch of tiny blacks 2 days ago. It's a heavily picked area so I will be happy if they are there.

I ran into a couple with a dog picking blacks and "beefsteaks". We had a brief discussion about them but the woman has been eating them for years and had no problem... I pointed in a general direction where I had found dozens and thought about picking a few for her in hopes they would not come back to MY spot but my ethical side stopped me from doing so.

I found a tiny verpa conica and showed it to her. Told her I'd eat that before a gyromitra. Later I found V. bohemica (sp) and picked a few to admire. I don't know how anyone can eat them because of the weird garlic rubber smell much like a stink horns! The may look like a half free but they smell like a stink horn.

Happy hunting! :roll:

4. marn1186

marn1186 Young Morel

What is in the picture above ?

5. neareatonrapids

There is no picture, and the link won't work

6. neareatonrapids

I found 5 nice ones right in my yard today. Under apple trees.

7. jack

jack Administrator Staff Member

On photobucket us the code to the right of the HTML code. Copy and paste it directly to the comment.

<a href="http://s1197.photobucket.com/user/mushroomjack1/media/IMGP0003_zps53c0b2bb.jpg.html" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">[​IMG]</a>

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017