Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the rain and the recent warmth.... what are y'all finding !?

Please share any tips or tricks! And Aprox location !

O btw... What the heck is this thing ?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Found 9 whites this morning in Ingham county. Pretty small. Found near dead elms on East side if forest.

Going out to check a spot where I found a bunch of tiny blacks 2 days ago. It's a heavily picked area so I will be happy if they are there.

I ran into a couple with a dog picking blacks and "beefsteaks". We had a brief discussion about them but the woman has been eating them for years and had no problem... I pointed in a general direction where I had found dozens and thought about picking a few for her in hopes they would not come back to MY spot but my ethical side stopped me from doing so.

I found a tiny verpa conica and showed it to her. Told her I'd eat that before a gyromitra. Later I found V. bohemica (sp) and picked a few to admire. I don't know how anyone can eat them because of the weird garlic rubber smell much like a stink horns! The may look like a half free but they smell like a stink horn.

Happy hunting! :roll:

·
Registered
580 Posts
On photobucket us the code to the right of the HTML code. Copy and paste it directly to the comment.

<a href="http://s1197.photobucket.com/user/mushroomjack1/media/IMGP0003_zps53c0b2bb.jpg.html" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">
</a>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts