Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live just outside Dandridge and was wondering where some places are to do some mushroom hunting?

·
Registered
9 Posts
No ones going to cough up their honey hole but I would recommend looking up state/federal land and go exploring. Also doing a little research about the types of trees they grow around. Finding a tree is a lot easier than finding a little mushroom. Good luck!

·
Registered
20 Posts
The hard thing is to determine which kind of tree to find.
the kind of tree that I find mine around are not highly thought of in the "books" And those "old apple orchards" may be a thing of the past. Good hunting.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Is Douglas a TVA lake? If so there should be lot's of semi-public land around the lake that is accessible. Look for areas where mature hardwoods come down close to the water. Areas where creeks drain into the lake might be good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everybody! I didn't think about the TVA, but a great idea. I used hunt up in Central Illinois and Southern Indiana when I lived up there. When I ask friends down here about morels they look at me like I'm nuts! LOL "You eat those?" They should be getting real close to poping up? :lol:

·
Registered
6 Posts
We have a morel hunt on Saturday April 11th and Saturday April 18th please visit https://squareup.com/market/brewers-mushrooms-/morel-mushroom-hunt to sign-up. Group rates are available and kids are free. We are meeting in Dandridge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts