1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for locations

Discussion in 'Tennessee' started by wolfe1990, Mar 15, 2015.

1. wolfe1990

wolfe1990 Young Morel

I live just outside Dandridge and was wondering where some places are to do some mushroom hunting?

2. dan08650r

dan08650r Morel Enthusiast

No ones going to cough up their honey hole but I would recommend looking up state/federal land and go exploring. Also doing a little research about the types of trees they grow around. Finding a tree is a lot easier than finding a little mushroom. Good luck!

3. pomoxis64

pomoxis64 Morel Enthusiast

The hard thing is to determine which kind of tree to find.
    the kind of tree that I find mine around are not highly thought of in the "books" And those "old apple orchards" may be a thing of the past. Good hunting.

4. pomoxis64

Is Douglas a TVA lake? If so there should be lot's of semi-public land around the lake that is accessible. Look for areas where mature hardwoods come down close to the water. Areas where creeks drain into the lake might be good.

5. wolfe1990

wolfe1990 Young Morel

Thanks everybody! I didn't think about the TVA, but a great idea. I used hunt up in Central Illinois and Southern Indiana when I lived up there. When I ask friends down here about morels they look at me like I'm nuts! LOL "You eat those?" They should be getting real close to poping up? :lol:

6. pomoxis64

TVA owns half the Tennessee Valley. I like to start looking about now but don't actually find any until early to mid April.

7. femalemushroomhunter

femalemushroomhunter Morel Enthusiast

We have a morel hunt on Saturday April 11th and Saturday April 18th please visit https://squareup.com/market/brewers-mushrooms-/morel-mushroom-hunt to sign-up. Group rates are available and kids are free. We are meeting in Dandridge.