1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

looking for spots

Discussion in 'Idaho' started by johnnywad1, May 24, 2015.

1. johnnywad1

johnnywad1 Young Morel

My son and I hunt this time of year,but don't find near as many in the past couple of years as we used to. Any one want to share spots?
    After the recent rains, any one finding them? Tomorrow is memorial day, had a lot of eaon storms around the sage hen reservoir and mountains towards McCall.
    Can someone give a report at least if they are popping out yet? We will report tomorrow night and let all know what we find!!

Let's chat anyone!!!!

2. Pegan

Pegan Young Morel

3. Pegan

Pegan Young Morel

Hi!! Just remember we had a record winter snowfall so the mushrooms are delayed. Don/t give up. I am going back to Cascade this weekend to look for blonds!!!! Good luck

4. chelios

chelios Morel Enthusiast

Pegan and johnny, if u guys want to jackpot on the morels, I can get u guys on them to the very location. This is not a joke. My son and I pulled poundage on Monday, but we live in Wisconsin and the drive to and from Idaho was a killer. Once again, not a scam. The place we went was untouched, hence, terrain was not fun to get to the spot, but the spot itself was a dream to pick and so easy. We picked hundreds but left thousands, of which were babies to mediums. With all of the current rain, they should be huuuuuuge and plentiful. Man, I wish I had more time n money, I would still be there. Anyway, I was picking greenies, blacks, grays, and inbetweeners. It was glorious. You may be wondering why I would give up this spot. Well, I live 1800 miles away and the Idaho folk were very helpful to my son and i, and would like to return the favor. I would suggest you guys go together to help each other haul em out. Anyway, post back with a phone number and I WILL give detailed instructions. Sincerely, Chelios