Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems I'm the only wild mushroom forager here in South Louisiana!! Someone please prove me wrong!! Lol
I'm sure there are a few people but man it would be great to share the excitement with some like minded people!!
Just thought I'd give a shout out. The name is Daniel

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just moved back to louisiana from the tennessee area! Where did you find those chanterelles?! Also hoping to find morels. Lafayette area.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool!! Great to hear there's at least one person in the area. Lol
Well I can't disclose that type of info. Lol. I can tell you they do grow all over the area. All of my finds are associated with
White oaks

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually live in Breaux Bridge now. Hopefully I can locate a couple more chanterelle patches. I think they starting to bulldoze the area I've been picking from in Lafayette. Passed by this weekend and it doesn't look good

·
Registered
2 Posts
We are visiting for a week in bogalusa area. Are the mushrooms still up down here? Never hunted mushrooms in Louisiana so any help would be appreciated. Tia

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I sure wish I knew the answer to that question. If so, I would think it's too late to find them. There isn't much known of morels in Louisiana, to my knowledge anyway. Plenty of other edibles to be found though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Seems I'm the only wild mushroom forager here in South Louisiana!! Someone please prove me wrong!! Lol
I'm sure there are a few people but man it would be great to share the excitement with some like minded people!!
Just thought I'd give a shout out. The name is Daniel
I Hunt mushrooms too. I've seen searching for morels & chanterelles

·
Registered
3 Posts
Cool!! Great to hear there's at least one person in the area. Lol
Well I can't disclose that type of info. Lol. I can tell you they do grow all over the area. All of my finds are associated with
White oaks
Not only do I hunt wild mushrooms, I know organic edible mushroom farmer in Louisiana... there are only two total for the whole state. I also know the president of the mycological research foundation for the southern states. So yes mushroom people are here... & do exisit. Just not very many.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Central La noobie here! Been researching and studying for a year now! It's very fascinating and interesting! I'm Rapides Parish

·
Registered
1 Posts
Howdy, just moved back to Louisiana , Lake Charles area don't know much mushrooms ,sure would like to learn what I could find around my neck of the woods . Seems like La would be a tuff state to forage in with everything being posted except WMA's

1 - 20 of 63 Posts