1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

Louisiana shroomer here

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by cajunshroomer3578, Mar 21, 2017.

1. cajunshroomer3578

cajunshroomer3578 Morel Enthusiast

Seems I'm the only wild mushroom forager here in South Louisiana!! Someone please prove me wrong!! Lol
    I'm sure there are a few people but man it would be great to share the excitement with some like minded people!!
    Just thought I'd give a shout out. The name is Daniel

2. plb9899

plb9899 Young Morel

Just moved back to louisiana from the tennessee area! Where did you find those chanterelles?! Also hoping to find morels. Lafayette area.

3. cajunshroomer3578

Cool!! Great to hear there's at least one person in the area. Lol
    Well I can't disclose that type of info. Lol. I can tell you they do grow all over the area. All of my finds are associated with
    White oaks

4. plb9899

plb9899 Young Morel

Thanks for the tip!

5. tchoupitoulas504

tchoupitoulas504 Young Morel

New to the site. Just starting out in New Orleans. Good to know this site exists!

6. cajunshroomer3578

I actually live in Breaux Bridge now. Hopefully I can locate a couple more chanterelle patches. I think they starting to bulldoze the area I've been picking from in Lafayette. Passed by this weekend and it doesn't look good

7. cajunshroomer3578

Let me know if yall ever wanna meet up and do some foraging. Email me for contact info. Not sure they have private messaging on here or I just haven't found it yet. Danielb3578@gmail.com

8. Morel stalker

Morel stalker Young Morel

We are visiting for a week in bogalusa area. Are the mushrooms still up down here? Never hunted mushrooms in Louisiana so any help would be appreciated. Tia

9. cajunshroomer3578

Few and far between right now. No chantys yet. Oysters still popping. All these storms may slow things down a bit. Enjoy yalls visit. Happy hunting

Morel stalker likes this.
  10. Morel stalker

Morel stalker Young Morel

We had a great visit thank you. Love Louisiana.

11. VictoriahasAsecret

VictoriahasAsecret Young Morel

Can I find morels in Livingston parish or anywhere in south Louisiana

12. cajunshroomer3578

I sure wish I knew the answer to that question. If so, I would think it's too late to find them. There isn't much known of morels in Louisiana, to my knowledge anyway. Plenty of other edibles to be found though.

13. WillowGreensong

WillowGreensong Young Morel

I Hunt mushrooms too. I've seen searching for morels & chanterelles

14. WillowGreensong

Not only do I hunt wild mushrooms, I know organic edible mushroom farmer in Louisiana... there are only two total for the whole state. I also know the president of the mycological research foundation for the southern states. So yes mushroom people are here... & do exisit. Just not very many.

15. cajunshroomer3578

Hello WillowGreensong. Which area of LA are you in ?

WillowGreensong likes this.
  16. WillowGreensong

Central Louisiana, concordia parish, next door to natchez Mississippi. I found a bunch of chantrelles the other day :) no morels. I've never found them here.