Louisiana shroomer here

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by cajunshroomer3578, Mar 21, 2017.

1. JOliver

JOliver Young Morel

Hi there- I’m a new poster but we have found chicken of the woods up in north LA near Newellton. We’ve found lots of oysters up there too...and chanterelles and wood ear. My husband found some oysters on a dead tree in my brother’s yard near Jackson La last week. The oysters are out right now for sure.

2. Jess Louis

Jess Louis Young Morel

NOLA People-
    Where exactly and what kinds yall find around here? New to hunting and been getting more into it lately..

3. Jitney

Jitney Young Morel

When it starts warming up/getting rainy you can find chanterelles around city park or around the swamps (like honey island)

4. Jitney

Jitney Young Morel

When it warms up (and about 3-4 days after a good rain) go to Honey Island reserve and walk around the woods. My friends and I usually come back with 3+ lbs.

Def bring a machete and watch out for snakes!

5. PhilD337

PhilD337 Young Morel

I m not far from the kissatche. And I don’t have anybody to hunt with anymore please feel free to message me I’m a horticulturist that’s trying to farm organic vegetables LOL I’m getting better but this mycology thing is so much more fun. Chanterelles grow wild all over my property they seem to love the Cow Oaks more so than other white oaks.

6. PhilD337

PhilD337 Young Morel

Hey Daniel I’m phil

7. cajunshroomer3578

cajunshroomer3578 Morel Connoisseur

Howdy Phil.
    I’d have to say an obsession lol
    Started out about 6 years ago and man have learned some interesting stuff. Still LOTS to learn though.
    I mostly hangout at wildmushroomhunting.org
    Great folks there with endless knowledge. You have to sign up and stuff but we’ll worth the knowledge. Check us out sometime. Introduce yourself

1 person likes this.
  8. N.O. Fun Guy

N.O. Fun Guy Young Morel

Brand new to this site. Just signed up. Also new to hunting. I've been studying a lot, but find very little information. I live in a house in a second growth woodland hiding in New Orleans. I find quite a lot of oysters in winter but can't even get good advice on what else is out there, especially in "non-winter seasons" (i. e. the other 360 days a year). I understand that I should be able to find chanterelles, but don't know where to hunt. All help accepted with gratitude and even some shroom sharing.
    N.O. Fun Guy

9. ChadcK1

ChadcK1 Young Morel

Hi my name is Chad I just moved here from Ohio do you have luck finding morals if so please let me no thank u

10. Timothy Smith

Timothy Smith Young Morel

11. Timothy Smith

Timothy Smith Young Morel

Hey man I live close to Oakdale, la and would like to learn!!!! Hit me up!

12. cajunshroomer3578

cajunshroomer3578 Morel Connoisseur

I haven’t had any luck but I heard they do grow in north Louisiana. Very far and few in between