Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Thanks signalman I figured that out, and on the mushroom growing there's a lot of
People that don't beleive that they grow but I have news for yall. I have than pop
Up every year in front yard ,and I'll throw a stick next to them and 2 days later
They usually grow 3/4" to a 1" try it sometime may surprise u folks that don't
Believe they grow!!!!!

· Registered
113 Posts
Signal. I went back this morning just to check to see if they had grown an they did. It's been 4 days an most have grown around 1 inch bigger. So yes they do grow. I can afford to leave mine for days to grow since most of my areas are private an I don't have to worry about people finding them. I counted 37 blacks this morning. I'm Gona leave them till the weekend by then they should reach full growth. An started seeing dome yellows pop. This particular spots every grows great with blacks an yellows but never many Greys. Pulled 46 lbs last year alone from this spot. Can any one help guide me on how to post pics

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Headed out to my spots this morning, 3 hours in the woods, none of them produced anything but in another area I did find a couple brown ones, 3" tall. Saw a couple little grays popping. Good luck everybody! Edwardsville area report.

· Registered
22 Posts
If you think mushrooms don't grow after they've popped I'd suggest you spend a little more time hunting them instead of reading about them.. I never pick the first 10-15 I find because it takes more than that just too feed my family so I'll leave them for a couple days or until I find another batch to put with them.. If the weather is right they'll grow I'll put money on that., if it's dry hot and windy they'll shrivel up and die or if their exposed to direct sun they'll dry up..Also I've never had one grow more than an inch at most..

· Registered
19 Posts
There are several time-lapse videos of mushrooms growing available on other Morel sites. Check them out. Some of the videos encompass a time period of a week or more. the growth rate varies based on temperature and moisture, but there is no doubt that they grow.

· Registered
4 Posts
Sorry, Can't figure out how to get my iphone pics on here! Found a couple pounds of big yellows, and good sized greys today, along with some smaller greys. Were in the same spot about 3 days ago, and nothing.
They're coming up!!

· Registered
113 Posts
Can some body answer me this. I have a private honey hole that I've been hunting for years an has always produced well over 50 lbs each year. I went to it today an walked it for 5 hrs an all I found was 12 half free morels. No yellows blacks or Greys. What's going on. Is it that half frees pop first an the yellows an Greys just have not come up yet. This area has well over 500 acres an I must of walked most of it today.

· Registered
5 Posts
Went out today after work for a short walk with my dog to a spot that always produces. Found 3 in as many minutes not really even looking hard. Tomorrow I'm going out for real, but just wanted to say that THE HUNT IS ON!!! I live right between Madison and St. Clair. Good luck everyone!

21 - 40 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.