Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts
They look like a witches broom elm trees. Ash branches curl more! Just my opinion. Bucky says syrup is not on schedule and morels will probably be as Wiley as they shall be. Can't wait though. It's getting...:) my reasoning is drag some elm branches then drag some ash! You'll know the difference:) nice to hear from everybody!! Buckthornman.

Wtf not really liking this new format. Oldelm I,ll call ya soon switched numbers. Looks like gonna be earliest on record for me if this pattern keeps up. Last year was 23rd april.need a sprinkle or 2. Found first dandelion yesterday. Wowsers.. anywho time to start them permathin shots soon. I,ll be in touch..bucky.

Buckthornman, "OldElm Here" Guess they decided to put in my old GRAVITAR name!! Oh well there goes my cover. This won't be to bad of a change, remember a few years ago "Jack" changed the format and everyone bitched about it then too. I got your TXT message & new phone #, so good to go. I agree this could start early, how ever the night time temps gotta come up a bit more. We went down the Mississippi as far as Lacrosse last week still early. Made the mistake of taking "Young Elm" into Dave's guitar shop, damned if a fender custom shop Stratocaster guitar didn't follow us home. Jeez.

Oouchhh! Good thing that's a damn good guitar! Hope he's passionate about it. It being music ! yep blacks aren't as picky with them night temps. Gonna be ..... yep that day:) yes I be alright with the change....well talk to ya soon. Strooper, godski, morelrat what's changing in your woods. Feel early yet might be right on time...buckthornman.

Hey all,

Been a lurker on this forum and 2 others for a bit, and finally wanted to come out of the woods and introduce myself. Been picking for about 5 years, have some good spots, willing to actually... possibly take someone out this year. I have the opportunity to hunt more, and looking for a couple people that may be interested. Even if you new to the morel hunting life, want to learn, etc. I would be willing to help.

Ryan

Hey everyone. Been hunting for about 5 years. Followed this forum last year. I hunt mostly rock county but would be interested in doing some traveling this year to hunt and make new friends. Also if there's any one in rock who is new we could get together as well

Discussion starter · #33 ·
Checked a couple places today. Looks prime but nothing popping where it has pkpped in the past. I would be open to tagging along or hunting together on my spots if anyone is open. Though schedule wise I am very busy.

Hello Ryan, How are you? I have not gone hunting in Wisconsin yet but I am eager to, I live just north of Madison. I used to go when I was a little kid in Pennsylvania, my aunt & uncle lived on an apple orchard so it was pretty easy pickens. If your offer is still available I would love to accompany you on your hunts. Cheers, Peace, & Love to you -Erin

Hey everyone. Been hunting for about 5 years. Followed this forum last year. I hunt mostly rock county but would be interested in doing some traveling this year to hunt and make new friends. Also if there's any one in rock who is new we could get together as well
I haven't had any luck in Madison, was thinking of heading down to Rock County some time this week... still clueless where I'll be going though, lol... but if you ever want company on a hunt, let me know :D

Should have stayed in Michigan, I'd probably have more than enough at this point to get me through to next season. 2 years ago I had just over a pound (dried) by The first week of May, and just ran out, now running around like a newbie with his head cut off trying to get back in the game in an area I still have no clue about.

Hey all,

Been a lurker on this forum and 2 others for a bit, and finally wanted to come out of the woods and introduce myself. Been picking for about 5 years, have some good spots, willing to actually... possibly take someone out this year. I have the opportunity to hunt more, and looking for a couple people that may be interested. Even if you new to the morel hunting life, want to learn, etc. I would be willing to help.

Ryan

Hey all,

Ryan
I live in dodge county not to far away i have been hunting for about 5 or so years i would be game to go out with you. I would have no problem taking you out in my area also

I live in dodge county not to far away i have been hunting for about 5 or so years i would be game to go out with you. I would have no problem taking you out in my area also
Thanks, I appreciate the offer. I'm in Jefferson county and have spent my share of time in Horicon Marsh. I've hunted in Northern Illinois for quite a few years. Give me a shout if you get really hard up for an old guy to go with you.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.