Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
March 28, '18 and they're here!!! I have a "magic" ash tree about 15' from my house and on the entire 12 acres we own, this is the only place that every single year I find morels. Couldn't believe it when husband came in and told me they had popped up; usually not until after the first week in April--but who am I to complain?! Counted a little over a dozen and fingers crossed for more!
upload_2018-3-28_21-21-19.jpeg

·
Registered
333 Posts
March 28, '18 and they're here!!! I have a "magic" ash tree about 15' from my house and on the entire 12 acres we own, this is the only place that every single year I find morels. Couldn't believe it when husband came in and told me they had popped up; usually not until after the first week in April--but who am I to complain?! Counted a little over a dozen and fingers crossed for more!
View attachment 4146
Nice finds

·
Registered
37 Posts
View attachment 4315 View attachment 4316 Found these today in Ralph, on our farm.
Good find Jean. Once I learned how to spot an Ash Saturday I found a few baby black morels north of Clinton. Going back this weekend to spend more time carefully looking around Ash without rushing it. Interestingly, yesterday I found 6 or 7 large Ash trees on my deer lease west of Greenbrier but they were in soggy soil and no mushrooms around them at all.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I’m in Sharp County, Cherokee Village to be exact. I am having a very difficult time finding any place to hunt, everything is posted! I have driven all over the place and I’m kind of at my wits end. Any ideas, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I’m in Sharp County, Cherokee Village to be exact. I am having a very difficult time finding any place to hunt, everything is posted! I have driven all over the place and I’m kind of at my wits end. Any ideas, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks
I know nothing about Sharp County.... sorry.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts