1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

McMinn County

Discussion in 'Tennessee' started by kathynorfleet, Apr 11, 2013.

1. kathynorfleet

kathynorfleet Young Morel

I walked and walked the woods behind my house ...lots of mayapple, elm, poplar -0- mushrooms. Being from Indiana, I am not accustomed to going out and finding a big fat zero. The terrain has some big rock in it, wondered if this could be the culprit? If anyone has any to sell this year and I am within 100 miles of you, I will buy. 423-435-8397 or kathynorfleet@ymail.com. Going to try my luck over in Monroe County this weekend a bit...federal lands there.

2. pomoxis64

pomoxis64 Morel Enthusiast

I've covered quite a bit of ground in Hamilton Co and have seen none. Like you say, lots of poplar trees, lots of big ash, some big elms (and a few dead ones) Creeks with sycamore drainage, hills with mayapple in bloom etc. No scroomies. Either I'm blind or they just ain"t there. I'd like to hear from someone who has found some in this kind of area. I wonder if it's the kind of rock we have here. Maybe the turkeys and deer eat them. We have lot's of those.

3. pomoxis64

McMinn, today, I picked 18 mixed black and yellows in Hamilton Co. I left several small ones. At least we know our part of the world has been inoculated with morels and they are growing. Puts one of my concerns to rest.

4. pomoxis64

Oh, and forget the mayapple, Ash trees, poplars, Elm trees, etc. This is Tennessee, think Hickory. Especially a couple of big fat Hickory trees about 10 feet apart.