Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgive my ignorance I only know morels...are these beauties edible? Thx
1# is a coral that is edible, 2# we will leave as a mystery for awhile I hope to get some more photos. #3 is Indian pipes not edible (to me) and not a fungus but a good indicator of timing and location for finding chanterelles..#4 is some cinnabar chants just popping up, edible....

·
Registered
19 Posts
There are many species of white coral fungi, some edible some not edible. Don't take a chance with eating most coral mushroroms, you may be sorry for a few hours.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I saw a few good signs of things to come today.. I'm looking forward to some good summer shrooms ... View attachment 35542 View attachment 35544 View attachment 35546 View attachment 35548
#1 crown tip coral- edible, taste like pepper- good in egg breakfast, only grows from rotting wood, not the ground. #2 compare to Coral-pink Merulius. not edible but pretty. #3 Indian Ghost pipe flower. Can be made into a tincture for pain, sedative and anxiety relief. #4 Cinnabar chanterelles, edible but takes a lot of them since they only get about an inch tall or so and have thin stalks.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did find a few chants today. We need some rain and then they may start popping...
summ 7 6 20 009.JPG
summ 7 6 20 012.JPG

1 - 8 of 8 Posts