Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a new year and I wait impatiently for the return of the morels. Yesterday the high temperature was 61. Today Mother Nature told us be patient once again.
Sky Snow Window Twig Water

A mycelium resting blanket was provided by her to tell us so. I hope to hear from everyone and best of luck to all... Every year is different but they all start with my impatience.
Sky Snow Window Twig Water

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@sb , Phill and I have found our way out of our holes and decided to join the masses. Thank you so much for reminding me what a morel looks like. Every year I try and burn that image into my brain so I will not miss them when I should see them. If I could only remember what they tasted like……[email protected] always a pleasure to hear from you…..i think you will have Md.first find this year ……Best of luck to all…

·
Registered
21 Posts
Only my third year obsessed with morels (after stumbling on a huge patch on public land in 2010). Checked out one of my good spots in Baltimore County yesterday and nothing but skunk cabbage sprouting. After seeing some Va, WVa, and Ohio sightings, figured it was worth a look but looks way early in the woods. Amazing how the first ones in Maryland come from Western Maryland.

·
Administrator
2,482 Posts
Only my third year obsessed with morels (after stumbling on a huge patch on public land in 2010). Checked out one of my good spots in Baltimore County yesterday and nothing but skunk cabbage sprouting. After seeing some Va, WVa, and Ohio sightings, figured it was worth a look but looks way early in the woods. Amazing how the first ones in Maryland come from Western Maryland.
I Agree, and say it is Weird the way it Swirls around then pops up in Patches reported in places that seem surprising...and then finally comes the Back filling of the Middles of it all across several States .
"The Mystery Will Always Be"

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Uh, there haven't been any Ohio sighting yet this year! if there were pics, they were from previous seasons. It's wayyyyyy too early for Ohio!

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Where's the date confirmation? And I notice, in the box in the lower left hand corner of that image, where they cite 5 sightings in February and 68 in March. But the confusing one is "other 2022 sightings". Do they mean to imply a January sighting? People can post whatever they want on the internet. I don't buy it.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@Kbshroom , It’s nice to see the growth and this cool and wet weather should help keep them fresh. I’ll bet you are about ready for a pan full though. I’m glad to see that work has not taken you out of town and you can keep an eye on them. If work does take you out of town let me know I’ll “ baby sit “ your spots for you………. For free of course………

1 - 20 of 115 Posts