Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Did pretty well today for a short walk during the break in the rain in Moco. Wish I would have been there 3-4 days ago. Found as many as I picked that were gone by already. finally got some big ones though.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Found some more in Harford Co today in the rain. Woke up at 7am and looked for 3+ hrs in the rain. No one around so I could hunt close to trails. All of the ones on the right were soft so i had to eat them today! Feels like there might be another flush this year View attachment 43030 !
And the saying "one more tree" was the key. Found 20 around one tree and just when I was giving up (boots full of water) found another flush with 10 fresh ones. Get out there, it is almost over.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Anyone been out lately? I am thinking it is getting close to done but optimistic there is a second flush after the rain last weekend and warmth this week. Predictions?
I will be out in a few hours searching. I tend to agree the weather should produce something. Found my last ones May 18th last year.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I went out a few days ago and found some mostly small poplar mushrooms. Left quite a few and some were falling apart due to the rain. This spot always produces late but imo they are on the downward side in that area. All depends where you look though. Stopped along a backroad because I drank too much coffee at work couple days ago and ended up stumbling across these lol. You just never know
Jaw Wood Fossil Artifact Bone

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
This has been a strange year... but aren't they all... I went to a spot I have not been to all year today thinking I'm just wasting my time. I should know better IF YOU DON'T GO YOU WON'T KNOW. Found about 2 dozen and was surprised how fresh some were.. The showy orchids were blooming all over (most years to me that means big yellow time) but not seeing many yellows . Strange year but there is still hope.
Plant Plant community Botany Mushroom Natural landscape
Plant Grass Terrestrial animal Terrestrial plant Groundcover
Wood Art Food Font Creative arts

Plant Flower Terrestrial plant Petal Groundcover

101 - 115 of 115 Posts