MD Summertime Finds 2019

Discussion in 'Maryland' started by Fowlkiller, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Fowlkiller

Fowlkiller Morel Enthusiast

Hey there all,

Haven’t been on in a while and was surprised to see there had not been a summer thread started!

The wet spring coupled with the early summer heat made the chanterelles pop earlier than usual in a couple of my spots. And with a serious uptick in the number I have been seeing compared to past years! I’ve heard black trumpets have been coming up in certain spots as well and of course summer oysters, chickens, and boletes.

Here are a few pics from our walks over the past couple weeks. Hoping we continue seeing the forest gold for at least another month or two!

Please post your photos here of summer mushroom finds as well as any questions you might have. Good luck out there everyone – Stay safe!

MH

Attached Files:

3 people like this.
  2. patapsco mike

patapsco mike Morel Enthusiast

I found my first black trumpets yesterday, but my chanterelle spots still haven't produced. Won't be long now- thanks for posting your finds...

1 person likes this.

3. Kbshroom

Kbshroom Morel Connoisseur

Does anyone have any idea what kind of mushrooms these are. Found them a couple weeks ago after a good rain. There were lots of them on the ground not really next to any trees kinda in the open in the woods. Looked like some animal liked the taste most had been partially eaten. I'm just curious always interested to learn some new mushrooms.

Attached Files:

4. Mushroom Geologist

Mushroom Geologist Morel Enthusiast

They are boletes for sure, but what kind, I cannot tell. Go to The Bolete Filter website, (type that in google). Very good sight to help identify what type you have and if possible edible for your specific region. Pennsylvania/Appalachian has its own section, close enough.
    I cannot post the address for some reason.

5. Kbshroom

Thanks I checked it out. Not positive exactly what they were narrowed it down to a couple. I was just curious more than anything.

6. Kbshroom

IMG_2400.JPG IMG_2401.JPG IMG_2402.JPG
    Was out and about in the woods this morning. Ended up finding this wasn't actually hunting mushrooms. Does anyone think they are still edible hard to tell how old they are?

1 person likes this.